News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Paint dividers, Custom 2 Dr.

Started by lalessi1, 2016-03-16 18:18

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Been looking for a while... anybody have 'em or know who might?
Lynn

gasman826

I've watched for years and only owned one set.  Those needed restoration and I sent them out with good results.  These were only on tutone Customs.  Two and four door are the same.  Since Customs were the cheapest model, few buyers spent money for the tutone option.  Fairly rare.  I'm not trying to discourage you...just sayin', if you see 'em...jump on them.

Has anyone else noticed that when a part is discussed on this site, that part usually pops up on eBay.  Maybe somebody is listening.

fordaholic

Gasman you are rite about ebay, and if I am not mistaken I bought that set you once had about 3 years ago. I have them in a safe place and as we speek my car is about to be painted. Its going all black. When its back together and I am comfortable with an all black car those two precious pieces will be back on the market and put up here for sale not ebay. For us here in Can. ebay and their crazy fees have become out of reach. We have come to rely on the hobby not ebay for parts.   Fordaholic

lalessi1

Been watching eBay for a while... Steve Pierce in 29 Palms said he has a set or two if he can find them... he also said that the two and four doors are different?
Lynn

gasman826

thanks for making me honest...after I punched the POST button, I knew I should have got the parts books out.  So I did go to the parts book, the paint divider is the same (there is a left and right) for all three Custom models...70A, 70D, and 73A.  So if you find a set on a fordor, grab them!!!!!!  The rest of the side mouldings behind the front fender are different for two door and four door models.

right B7A-7029034-A
left   B7A-7029035-A

gasman826

Quote from: fordaholic on 2016-03-19 13:54
   ...going all black...
...any color as long as it's black!!!!

You know, those were sold with a money back, satisfaction guarantee.  If you're not satisfied, I'll give your money back.

hiball3985

Quote from: gasman826 on 2016-03-19 21:28
...any color as long as it's black!!!!

You know, those were sold with a money back, satisfaction guarantee.  If you're not satisfied, I'll give your money back.
I wonder if Henry actually ever had one returned LOL
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Got mine a couple years ago from a fellow parting out a 4 door in Idaho. Took about a year wait for a set to come up on eBay.

If you drove a 57 chev 150 sedan you could just buy a repro set, but what would be the fun in that right?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Lynn...I checked, Roger Vasholtz in Kansas does not have any. He's looking for a set himself.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe