News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

6 leaf rear springs

Started by 57 imposter, 2016-04-07 13:01

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

where is everyone getting the 6 leaf springs. My car had 5 leaf springs with the shackles reversed. I cleaned the springs, installed new nylon pucks and put new, correctly installed shackles in. the result is the car sits too low and is way too cushy so it needs to have the springs replaced.

hiball3985

6 leaf were used on Ranchero/Wagon/Sedan Deliveries. Thats what you need to order.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

McVeigh's, Doug, the link is on our list of parts vendors. I really like mine. not too cushy, not too stiff. The 6 leaf will raise the car 1" higher than a new 4 leaf. As it was explained to me, not simply because the springs are stiffer, but because they are formed differently. Don't forget the longer u bolts if you need them.
Hey, lol...thought you were tired of working on that thing.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 imposter

Thanks Rich, The one inch won't be a problem and if it is I have 1,2 and 3" blocks on the shelf

57 imposter

Rich were 42-217 the springs you ordered? Just want to double check. Big freight bill to get them out here

RICH MUISE

not sure I ever got a copy of the invoice to double check...let me look into it.

RICH MUISE

I need to change his link to his ebay store, as apparently you already found out. I'm 99% sure that would be the correct number, but I'd call them. Ask them if they have a record of what they shipped me to Amarillo.. I think it was Nov or Dec

RICH MUISE

I fixed the link to Mcveigh's. He doesn't have much of a website, but there is a link to his ebay store as well as contact info.
I'm waiting for a call back from them to verify that number.
Edit...Tom from McVeigh's just verified that number to be correct for the 6 leaf. 42-217

57 imposter

Thanks Rich I will order them shortly and your right about his web page I got a virus alert when I opened it. I ran a Webroot scan and it was a pop up with a phony alert, trying to sell me a security system. got to his site thru Google with no alert and then linked to his E-Bay store. Ya really got to watch these scammers on line they are very sneaky.

RICH MUISE

My pet pieve...places trying to sell security progarms by grabbing ahold of your computer and not letting you close it out. I've had to use the ctr/alt/delete 3 times in the past few days to close their window. What makes them think I'd want to do business with a company run like that?

SkylinerRon

Take your springs to a local spring shop and tell them what you want to
end up with. Rebuilding and re-arching are simple for them to do.

Goodluck,

Ron.