News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Custom, Ranchero,wagon doors

Started by RICH MUISE, 2016-04-12 16:01

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Just to verify what I think I'm certain of, Custom 2 dr doors are the same door as the Ranchero...correct?? Also the 2 dr wagons??
Roger Vahsholtz emailed me some pics of doors he's got and from the pics the best one seems to be on a Ranchero. Looks like I'll be taking a trip north soon. Just want to make certain the Ranchero and 2 dr wagon are the same as mine.  Price is right at 200.
If it happens, I'll take lots of pics. Anybody need me to look at anything while I'm there?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I think you are correct Rich..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Yes 
    They are the same.  I needed one for my 57 custom and came very close to  borrowing /robbing the driver  door off my California 58 Ranchero.   Fortunately I was able to find a rust free custom door out west and had it shipped to Mass.  That saved me a lot of work.

lalessi1

Rich, if you see any paint dividers....
Lynn

RICH MUISE

57AGIN

Rich:

Here is a photo of the selection of doors I looked at last year in Steve Pierces place in Twentynine Palms, CA.  As you probably already know besides the rust problem you could wind up with a door that looks pretty good and usable, but wind up putting a lot of time into actually getting it ready for repainting.  Lord knows that was the case with the door Rick and I selected.  Best wishes for your search and decision.

Bob
57 AGIN

jumping jack flash

Rich, I'm in need of a couple of pieces of stainless trim. The left front fender, custom 300. I need the stainless that caps the gold insert, the length of the fender. Also the piece on the passenger side that caps the gold insert just behind the door. It isn't much longer than a pencil. Last of all rear bumper guards for a 58 year wagon or Ranchero.Have a safe trip, and thanks for asking. 512-558-1951 :006:

RICH MUISE

I did have a safe trip..that was a few weeks ago. I'll look thru my pics to see if there are any posiblities for what your looking for.

jumping jack flash

Thanks, Rich. I need to be more timely. I really should visit  our sight nightly. :005:

RICH MUISE

Looks like he has what you need. The last pic of the Ranchero has a loose bumper in the bed that has at least one guard in view.

Ecode70D

Rich
    Did you come back with a nice door?  Jay

RICH MUISE

Usable if I need it. It had some rusted thru areas on the bottom of the inner door panel...the area that is just above and parallel to the door sill. I was aware of it when I looked at it, but I think I got the best one he had, and the door looked like it had never been patched, repaired or painted. You just never know until you get these things down to bare metal. I got that replaced, then had the door media blasted which showed up some unexpected rust thru on the lower few inches of the outer door skin. I will cut that out and weld in a patch panel across the lower 3 or 4 inches of the door. If I don't need it, I'll have a spare in good shape.
It was an 800 mile round trip, and for 200 bucks I wasn't going home empty handed not knowing if I'd be able to find better.