News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

59 steering column with turn signal/horn contact plate

Started by lalessi1, 2016-04-18 08:23

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

This is NOT mine, it is on eBay. I thought I'd post it here because there are a couple of active threads on the topic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282001778201?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Lynn

Ecode70D

Lynn
     Thanks for posting that ePay sale about the 59 steering column I got it.   I actually did need a standard shift one, so this is going to make things a lot easier when I do get around to doing the swap to 59 steering box..  So now I'm going to do some thinking about converting my nice 57 custom wheel to 59 so the horn button will work.     Jay

lalessi1

Glad I could help! (I imagine so is the guy who sold it...) :003:
Lynn

lowrider

Good score. I was going to buy that one but the guy wanted more for shipping than he wanted for the column.

Ecode70D

Lynn
     Just for the record, that steering column looked a whole lot better in real life sitting on my bench than the crummy picture that the seller used on ePay.   Usually it's the other way around.   I drilled out my original 57 custom wheel for the push in black contact button.  While the steering wheel is off my car, I'll hook it up to the 59 column, put some juice to it and a horn with a relay and check everything out before I paint it.  The steering box project will be a next fall and winter project.  It's too close to summer cruising season to take the car apart now.  Jay   

Custom_Shelby

I just got the harness & turn signal assembly for a 58, but what I haven't been able to find was that button/brush and the insert that goes in the steering wheel, I'll be doing the same thing you did with my 57 wheel by drilling the hole out, do you have any extra of those two little parts?
Thanks...

lalessi1

I have an extra plastic bushing that holds the contact button...
Lynn

Custom_Shelby

Lynn, got this pic on line, but is the bushing your talking about like the one in this 58 wheel?

lalessi1

Lynn

Custom_Shelby

Pin and bushing for horn....

lalessi1

The contact plate is part of the turn signal switch in the '59 assembly I used. The bushing in the steering wheel is the same as the '58's.

Hey Steve, PM me or email me with your email address. I can't seem to respond to the emails I got from you.
Lynn

lalessi1

Lynn

Custom_Shelby