News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

312 out 460 in

Started by glenmichael, 2016-04-26 07:37

Previous topic - Next topic

glenmichael

I wanted to share a photo my brother-in-law Mike sent me! I retired and moved from Michigan to Florida. Mike let me store the 57 in his shop till I could take it south.Well the 312 ran good but to Mike good just does not get it! I have to agree the 460 looks better than good,what do you think?

gasman826

HUH!!  Small world.  If your outlaw is Woody, I bought your 312.  Nice old police car!  Woody and I talked long on the 312, 460, and all his other stuff.  I suggested a few upgrades to the 460 and I think you'll be pleased.  I've been meaning to stop by and check out the progress.

rmk57

The biggest obstacle will be how you want to tackle the cooling system.

Length ways things get a little tight without some core support trimming.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

glenmichael

Good morning Gasman826 , Mike told me a FORD guy wanted the motor I am glad it is you! I will be in Adrian during fathers day week maybe we could meet..I am lucky the 57 custom is in good hands!! Like before any information you guys are willing to share I will send Woodys way , he would prefer to use a wrench than a computer.. I sent him the Crites set-up for the install , he said the motor mounts worked fine but the transmission cross member and mount had to be cut and re-welded to work.. On to the next step!

glenmichael

Hello again, The cooling issue is in question? Can I leave the fan blade off and go with front of the radiator electric fan??

gasman826

I doubt there is enough real estate.

glenmichael

Looks like we may have found our cooling solution for now, we will know soon.. There is room on the other side for the transmission cooler.. Hope it all works!!

rmk57

I could never get my stock rad to ever cool . It would always build heat. Within an hour of any kind of driving it would be 200...210...220...

Surprised you found room for the electric fan with all the bracing in there.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

glenmichael

Hello again ,Update, We started the 460 on June 21st.  The 57 has a whole new attitude!!! Though we found that the drum brakes need a whole lot of peddle. I would like thank everybody that had input on this portion of the project.  Now I would like to move my questions to the brake department. We have a whole lot of giddy-up and go, now we need some more Whoa!! Here are a few pictures of where we are now.