News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Repair panels

Started by barsby340, 2016-05-27 23:57

Previous topic - Next topic

billd5string

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2016-06-01 17:40
That's great, 100% complete. So now I gotta ask if it has one component that was so fragile/short life spaned, that most '57 owners/restorers weren't even aware it existed.
It's inside the car under the steering column area. The e brake cable has a pulley affair at the firewall. Originally there was a cover that went over that pulley. It apparently was molded from a paper-mache like material that disintergrated after a few years. If you got it, I'd sure like to see a close up pic!!

I know this is an old thread, and maybe off the thread's topic - but is this what you are talking about?
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

RICH MUISE

Just saw this........yes, is it on your Del Rio? I think this is the first time I've seen a pic of one actually on a car.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

billd5string

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-04-15 21:58
Just saw this........yes, is it on your Del Rio? I think this is the first time I've seen a pic of one actually on a car.

Yeah, it's on the Del Rio. I didn't know it was uncommon. It is just held on with a single clip on the brake rod.
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

RICH MUISE

I had no idea it was so round-shaped........kinda like a miniature igloo. I made one for my car that was rectangular to cover the pulley and cable fitting.
Be extremely careful if/when you remove it, as we discussed it's not very durable at all. Others who are doing factory oem restorations may need some pics and dimensions.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57tudor

Hi Guys,

I have had my car sense 69 and I know my car didn't have one of these cool covers. I feel the same way with Bob's car as both cars were manufactured in Long Beach, Ca. and I was the one to do the tear down and reassembly years ago and again the last few weeks when Bobs car came home from the car hospital. We are going to contact Steve in 29 Palms and see if he has seen these. I'm almost sure he has as he has a ton of parts for our cars. I want one now real bad before Bob & I re-carpet our cars. I'm wondering if only specific model cars got these. Great addition to those that didn't.

Rick.
:unitedstates:

gasman826

I've seen several on Customs (or better said what was left).  They're fragile as Easter egg shells!!