News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I have to vent. Chinese rubber. UGH!

Started by jvo, 2016-05-29 16:06

Previous topic - Next topic

jvo

I just took my brand new shifter boot out of the package.  I paid 30 bucks for it from Jegs, as I didn't want the cheapo one without the Hurst logo on it.  I didn't want the cheap Chinese one.  So, I paid the extra for the "quality one with the Hurst logo".
Stinks the whole garage up with the off gassing from the Chinese rubber and god knows what they put into it when they make the rubber. My buddy tells me they put all their industrial left over crap into the goods they sell us, such as melamine and lead, etc.  I wouldn't doubt that.  The new shifter boot smells like a new shipment of tires into Princess Auto or Harbor Freight. 
Like you would really want to put this into a new car, and drive around with it right away.  I will leave it out of the package for a couple months before I use it anyway, so hopefully it will be done off gassing by then.
Is nothing sacred any more?  I'm kinda tee'd off right now.
Might as well have paid half as much for the one without the Hurst logo.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

RICH MUISE

100% agree............my gripe is mainly with the companies that sell the Chinese manufactured stuff at prices that compare to usa made. This, IMHO is where Harbor Freight does it far better than any other company....we know most of it's China made, but they charge accordingly. Imagine if we could buy our China made ball joints thru them...5 bucks or so, instead of China made ball joints from Concorse for 50.(?) LOL Not pushing HF, just their marketing philosophy.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

racton

:unitedstates:When I was a kid in a gas station,the boss would buy HF tools for the guys until they bought their first tool box from the snap-on guy($52).It was a mail order only company then around here.That would be 1965,my first 1957 Ford.Happy Memorial Day.racton

SkylinerRon

AT least at HF you know that you are buying cheap Chinese crap and it is priced accordingly.
Use it once and toss it on the ground at a fleamarket for the next guy to use it once ect.

Ron.

RICH MUISE

It's a nice bonus when their cheap stuff goes on and on and on....I've been using their $10 air cutoff tool for about 8 years now and went thru hundreds of wheels in the process. I almost never add oil to air tools also so as to avoid spraying oil mist over everything.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe