News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Valve

Started by oldgasser, 2016-06-10 06:35

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgasser

I have new front disk brakes on my 57 but the R/F wheel rotor drags & pulls to the right I have checked all parts even put new calipers on & brake hose worked for awhile then went back doing the same. There is a new proportional valve on it also do you think it could be the problem?
Oldgasser

RICH MUISE

What master do you have on it? I'm no expert, so I'll have to let them chime in here, but I think I remember reading about some masters having built in residual valves that had to be removed?? doesn't explain why only the right side is dragging.
The proportioning valve should be just a pass thru for the front brakes...the proportioning function just on the rears.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BWhitmore

If the master cylinder is for drum brakes it will have a residual check valve in the lines for both front and rear drum brakes.  If the car is equipped with disc brakes on the front and drums on the rear, the residual check valve needs to be removed for the front disc brakes.  Right side only is another question:  possible rubber brake line that has collapased internally? Wheel bearing adjustment?  Caliper mounting?  Proportional valves control hydraulic pressure front and rear - not left to right.

oldgasser

Thank you fellows I will cross check everything again.
Cheers Oldgasser.