News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New black paint

Started by chero69gt, 2016-07-10 16:31

Previous topic - Next topic

chero69gt

Brought my Custom home from the painter shop today.
I am very happy with the job that he did

hiball3985

WOW!! That looks awesome.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Sharp!!!! Can't go wrong with black when the prep is done right as yours obviously was.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Marc

wow!! Looks fantastic!

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Contibob

Hey Roger, The car looks great. Can't wait to see it in person. Bob

suede57ford

What a great looking Custom. Great representation of the '57 Ford.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Lou

If you don't mind me asking , what did it cost, around here it would be $7,000 to $10,000

chero69gt

Thank you for all the nice comments. I am really happy with the way it turned out.
I have the interior out being redone right now, so it should be ready to start cruising
in a couple of weeks. Bob, give a call or stop by sometime. I would enjoy chatting with you
and having you check it out. As far as the price, I work at a high end auto restoration
shop. We do pebble beach type restores on million dollar cars, such as, V16 Cadillacs,
Au burns, and the like. I could not afford to have the job on my car done through the shop,
but the painter offered to do it on the side for me, and the shop owner let him use the
spray booth. He asked me to not divulge the cost, but I will say that it was a little less
than the prices that you listed, and that included body work.

Roger

JPotter57

Now that is a beauty.  Great job..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

djfordmanjack

a brilliant car, wow ! also the chrome Cragars looking great with the paint and Custom trim.

Custom_Shelby

Looks like the application on the paint came out great!, did you have the body stripped down to the bare shell and put it together yourself after paint?  Or did the body & paint people reassemble it?....example photo

hiball3985

Quote from: chero69gt on 2016-07-11 13:52
Thank you for all the nice comments. I am really happy with the way it turned out.
I have the interior out being redone right now, so it should be ready to start cruising
in a couple of weeks. Bob, give a call or stop by sometime. I would enjoy chatting with you
and having you check it out. As far as the price, I work at a high end auto restoration
shop. We do pebble beach type restores on million dollar cars, such as, V16 Cadillacs,
Au burns, and the like. I could not afford to have the job on my car done through the shop,
but the painter offered to do it on the side for me, and the shop owner let him use the
spray booth. He asked me to not divulge the cost, but I will say that it was a little less
than the prices that you listed, and that included body work.

Roger
Last fall I went to an open house at shop that does similar work off the #5 and #126 in Santa Clarita, just wondering if thats the one?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

chero69gt

Again, thanks for all for the compliments. The body was not stripped down as far as your example.
All the trim and glass was removed, and the interior with the exception of the dash. And the running
gear was still in it. I put everything back together myself, with some help from a friend of mine.
The shop which  you referenced is not the one that I work at. My shop is in Redlands, Ca. The ones
that did the paint lined up all of the body panels and block sanded the daylights out of it.

Roger

Jeff Norwell

One word.
Outstanding.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com