News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Radiator

Started by Randyh, 2016-07-25 05:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Randyh

Looking for a original extra cooling 1-7/8" core radiator with good tanks that can be used to recore.
Randy

Jerrys Kars

I have one from my 57 Fairlane. Auto trans. lines. Not sure if it is original. Will have to look. Also have a new rad. I bought at Carlisle a couple of yrs ago and never used. I'm in VA. Would not like to ship. 540-622-3560.
Jerry

Randyh

Jerry,  Thanks, looking for radiator without transmission connections.  Is the new radiator an aftermarket?

Jerrys Kars

The transmission cooler can be blocked off. The new rad is from Classic Radiator LI New York. It's looks original but I'm pretty sure it's aftermarket. It also has the trans cooler. It's also high efficiency.

Harrys57fairlane500

Randy - I have a stock 57 Radiator with transmission cooling connections. The radiator has been gone through (roded and re-cored) and is in great shape.  The top tank shows wear but is solid. This is not an aftermarket and I have not checked the thickness of the core but it is stock.

Randyh

Harry, thanks but I think I have found one.