News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

GVW

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2016-09-04 13:55

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

GVW
i have a 2009 ford ranger 4x4 super cab,   and can't find the weight for the truck,  any one know where its at?,  i've looked at the drivers side door sticker and can't find it,   thanks   jerry                                  guess i'lll have to go another way,  since no one knows,   i didn't think of it until today,  i'll go to a scrap yard  and have it weighed

Zapato

Re-read your post and now believe you are after curb eeight. So here you go.....

Curb weight 3606 lbs
Gross vehicle weight  5000 lbs
Payload 1240 lbs
Toeing capacity 3100 lbs

Hope this helps

Zap -  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

geraldchainsaw

thanks for the info,   what i was trying to find out for,  i was interested in a pull trailor that weighed 2300 lbs,  and that is why i wanted to know.   thanks   jerry

geraldchainsaw

to my surprise,  the truck weighs 4200,   not counting passengers.     so the truck says 5200 gvw,   that ;leaves out pulling any camping trailor,  exce;pt maybe a popup which i do.

SkylinerRon

GVW is the maximum legal loaded weight, not curb or empty weight.
If you are towing a 2300 lb trailer the tongue weight should be about 230 lb.
Your curb weight including passengers and luggage plus the 230 should be under the 5200lb GVW to be legal.

Goodluck,

Ron.

geraldchainsaw

thanks for all the info guys,  but i have one question,  please explain to me,   curb weigh,  i just don't get it.,   thanks  jerry

Zapato

Jerry, not 100% sure but think curb weight is what the vehicle weighs before all liquids are added. I may  be wrong if so am sure someone will correct me.

Zap -  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

lalessi1

Curb weight is the weight at the "curb". No passengers but all the liquids (full tank of gas) parked at the curb. Shipping weight is no fluids. Gross weight is what the car is the maximum weight the designed car is designed to carry for all purposes...spring rates, taxes, etc.
Lynn