News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

faceplate

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2016-09-19 22:21

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

hi all,   i need a faceplate for the heater, radio and clock,   1 piece,   NOS,   for a fairlane 500 conv,  57 of course,   any out there?,   if there are none available,  into the chrome shop i will go,   thanks   jerry

Ecode70D

They must be scarce.    I only remember seeing one of them years ago.

djfordmanjack

stupid me didn't buy one when I had it in my hand at the Long Beach swap meet. seller was asking $50 as I recall. I was trying to save money for more important things. when I got back an hour later and wanted to pick it up, he had just sold it to a Swedish guy with a 57 Ranchero project. You would never believe me that 7 days later both my 57 Del Rio and the Swede's Ranchero were parked only a few cars apart at the shipping yard in Paramount....
Jerry , these days you could think of chrome painting the faceplate, as we all know that it's sometimes troublesome chroming pewter parts. I have seen bumpers lately on a friends 54 Ford, covered with chrome paint and they came out terrific !

BWhitmore

I was that seller at the Long Beach swap meet.  The Swedish fellow bought not only the 1 piece dash panel but a whole truck load of other 57 parts I was selling.  I am guessing 3-4 years ago.

djfordmanjack

Ha..... :001:....nice to meet again, Bill I think ?
This world is just a small place.
I remember that you and your wife had been to Austria before and we were talking about that too ?!
I still have all the parts I bought from you and used the tailgate wagon handle part. the gauge voltage drop I got from you saved my friend's holiday trip to the Adriatic sea in his 65 Comet wagon. got it back from him afterwards and is in my parts stash again.
I should have taken that dash faceplate, as it was in really nice condition as I recall.
Now we got to find out if the Swede is on here too....
:003:
Guenter

Ecode70D

WOW!
  It sure is a small world especially the way 57 Ford people manage to get connected.   I am very thankful for this site and to James for keeping it together.     

BWhitmore

Guenter - I certainly remember you.  The Swedish fellow spent about an hour with me and my wife.  He felt like he had hit the mother lode of 57 Ford parts.  I do remember speaking to you about our visits to both Austria and Germany.  Small world.  Bill Whitmore

Ray

I think Steve Pierce in 29 Palms has a used one. Don't remember how good. Saw one a Pomona last year, that doesn't help unless it shows up again.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

djfordmanjack

Bill, actually you had the 57 stuff covered. on the whole area you were pretty much the only private person selling 57 Ford stuff. you left a nice impression and also I understood how rare these cars are getting. There was a shop owner, selling 1950s Ford parts and I scored great 57 bumpers from a plating company. Other than that - no more 57 parts. Our Swedish friend did good that day, taking all of those parts off you. I shortly talked to him for a few minutes also. Let's hope he makes good use of the parts and progress in the build, as honestly his Ranchero wasn't looking any better than my poor Del Rio  :002:
Plese tell my regards to your wife Joan also.
Now let's keep this thread for Jerry , so hopefully he will find a  NOS dash faceplate!

Quote from: BWhitmore on 2016-09-28 10:45
Guenter - I certainly remember you.  The Swedish fellow spent about an hour with me and my wife.  He felt like he had hit the mother lode of 57 Ford parts.  I do remember speaking to you about our visits to both Austria and Germany.  Small world.  Bill Whitmore

djfordmanjack

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2016-09-28 04:56
WOW!
  It sure is a small world especially the way 57 Ford people manage to get connected.   I am very thankful for this site and to James for keeping it together.   

Jay, should we entertain the story, of when, how and what happened after you sent me that first private message. Maybe we should put that in the off topic section.

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Do you still have that first message that I sent you?

BWhitmore

I still have a few 57 parts.  I will have to get them out of storage and see if anyone wants them.  I was able to give some parts to Jim (Hiball3985).    Guenter- Joan says hello.

hiball3985

I've had the pleasure of dealing with Bill a couple of times, he is a great guy. I've been fortunate to see some of his other beautifully restored classic cars.

I've seen the one piece face plates show up a few times but I passed on them because I have never seen one that the T/C radio would fit and I wanted to keep the radio.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Might be able to get one made. If you're still looking. Let me know.

Quote from: geraldchainsaw on 2016-09-19 22:21
hi all,   i need a faceplate for the heater, radio and clock,   1 piece,   NOS,   for a fairlane 500 conv,  57 of course,   any out there?,   if there are none available,  into the chrome shop i will go,   thanks   jerry
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker