News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Right air control from 6 cylinder 57 Ford

Started by Ecode70D, 2016-09-23 21:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

I'm looking to buy a right air control panel like the one in the picture, but it has to say
R Air    Wiper     Choke.     Actually I only need the plastic piece inside that states
R Air    Wiper     Choke. 
     I could also use a nice long 6 cylinder choke cable too. 
     Thank you for any and all replies. Jay

lalessi1

Jay, I have the plastic part you are looking for....assumng I can find it. I will look today or tomorrow. I have a choke cable too, but I don't know if it is stock length.
Lynn

Ecode70D

Lynn
   The plastic piece that says choke is the important piece that I need. You know how it is over the years when things get altered and cut..  My original choke cable works but it is a bit too short.   I was figuring that one from a 6 cylinder car might be a little longer and I can get it to work better.

How did you survive the flood?   Are things back to normal again?  Jay   

lalessi1

Jay, I found the parts, see picture of the plastic part you are looking for. I think it will clean up nicely. The choke cable is 39" OVERALL. knob to tip of wire.

I am doing ok as far as the flood goes, I have around $14K worth of damage, not as bad as a lot of folks. Baton Rouge was truly devestated by this event, it was the largest single state disaster in US history. (Katrina and Sandy were multi-state events). It can be a little depressing just to drive to the grocery store. It will take years to get back to a "new normal". In the neighboring parish (county) 91% of the structures were damaged. The Red Cross brought in over 5000 people from around the country. We did not get the national coverage the flood should have.
Lynn

Ecode70D

Lynn
   That piece is exactly what I am looking for and your choke cable is longer than mine, so both pieces will solve my problem.    Please figure how much you want for both pieces.  My zip code in Mass is 02330.   

Those were some beautiful pictures that you posted of your home before the damage.   I'm sure that it will take you several years to get normal again.   You posted a picture with the water close to the wheels of your car.   Thank goodness that you managed to find a high spot to park it. 

I'll send you a PM with my shipping information.  Jay

Ecode70D

Lynn
     Thanks for the 6 cylinder choke pieces.  They arrived today.
Jay