News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Style-Tone Separators on Upper Quarter Panels?

Started by RaptorAddict, 2016-09-30 08:19

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptorAddict

So I am seeing lots of Rancheros painted Style-Toned with these stainless separators on top of the quarter panels. I am told two stories. One would say it was they way they came originally and the other says it isn't. Can someone chime in and explain if these were original? I don't have these and the truck was originally red and white. If it was the way they came, I really need these separators. Who has them? If anyone here, I would be interested in purchasing a pair. Thanks guys!

rmk57

I cant say Iv'e ever seen a Ranchero or Ranchwagon with paint dividers. Only 57 ford that I can think of that has them is a custom.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

And they are as rare as hens' teeth.

Zap -  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

canadian_ranchero

are these what you are talking about?they were on my car when i got it.i have also seen them on other wagons and on a ranchero

gasman826

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2016-10-02 14:46
are these what you are talking about?they were on my car when i got it.i have also seen them on other wagons and on a ranchero
This is the style I have on the Raunch Wagon.  The other style is on Customs at the B pillar.

RaptorAddict

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2016-10-02 14:46

Yes! Those are what I am after, but only if the two-toned rancheros originally came with them. I just don't know if they did though. Keep hearing mixed views.

ragtop

all the rancheros wagons sedan-delivery's I have had with 2 tone paint had them on it and the ones I had in solid colors did not hard to find a good pair the last ones I found were useable but not grate did not even look for them when I did my last delivery 

Lou

It depends on which assembly plant built your Ranchero, and your side trim, if yours had the gold inserts on the side it would have used the separators if it just had the single chrome separating the paint on the side it could be ether way depending on the assembly plant. 

RICH MUISE

Also, you can go to www.1957ford.com and look at many pics of your particular model.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Hoosier Hurricane

I was looking at some old Ranchero pictures.  One picture, black and white, showed a Ranchero with dark lower and roof and light middle colors.  The tailgate was the dark color, and the above mentioned dividers were used.  Other pictures had tailgates painted middle color and no dividers. My personal preference is the latter scheme.   John

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Lou on 2016-10-07 14:02
It depends on which assembly plant built your Ranchero, and your side trim, if yours had the gold inserts on the side it would have used the separators if it just had the single chrome separating the paint on the side it could be ether way depending on the assembly plant.
My Ranchero was Red and White and was built in San Jose Ca. Single stainless separating the trim. It does not have nor did it have the dividers discussed here. The quarter panels are bare metal today and there are no mounting holes where the dividers would be attached.
John

Limey57

I briefly considered painting my Ranchero in the style requiring these separators, when I realised how rare they were I started to look at making my own from brass half-round rod and having them chrome plated afterwards.  I think it would have worked, I was going to hold them in place by silver-soldering threaded studs to them.

In the end I went with the more common two-tone paint scheme so didn't need them, kinda wish I'd persevered and gone the separator route now..........
Gary

1957 Ranchero

junior58

An alternative to the seperators if can't be found would be to do a nicely brushed pinstripe between the two colours.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Zapato

Quote from: Zapato on 2016-09-30 17:41
And they are as rare as hens' teeth.

And yet I found a pair right here in a "for sale" post. And might add at a very reasonable price. Can't hardly wait for them to show up. Note to ALL check the classifieds more often.

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72