News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Dimmer Switch mounting plate

Started by Ron, 2016-10-21 11:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron

Hi:  I have a '57 Ford Tudor Ranch Wagon.  The plate that the dimmer switch mounts on is in terrible condition (rust monster) and I'm in need of one without dents or rust-through that I can bead blast, paint and use.  I think this plate was used on other year/models as well, but not sure what they were.  Please let me know if anyone has a "decent" one for sale.  Here (I hope) is a picture of my rusty plate:

BWhitmore

Try the Ebay seller Mostlyford.

Ron

I tried him before I posted here, but unfortunately no luck.  The few he has look like mine.

JPotter57

I have one, Ron..send me your mailing address, and its yours.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ron

J

Thank you!  I just sent you a pm with my address, etc.

Ron

JPotter57

Old, loud, and fast.

gasman826

JP, not into that daylight savings thing?

Ron

James--Thank you!  I'll let you know when I receive it. Ron

Ron

James

Got the dimmer switch mounting plate today and it's in so much better condition than mine.  I'll bead blast it, apply some primer and paint, and install it in my '57 Ranch Wagon over the weekend.  Many thanks again for taking the time to answer my post and send this to me.  If there's ever anything I can do for you, please let me know!  Ron

JPotter57

No problem..glad to be able to help
Old, loud, and fast.

suede57ford

I've got a friend who needs a dimmer switch plate as well, if another is available.

He also needs some nice front bumper brackets.

Thanks Pat
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

JPotter57

I'll have to look. I had a couple extra switch plates, but I put it up somewhere so I wouldn't lose it, and havent seen it since.  ONly reason I knew where that one was, is that it came out of my car, when I replaced it with one of John's repro units...I will see if I can find it, Pat..
Old, loud, and fast.