Looking to sell, and buy a few items...

Started by mustang6984, 2016-10-26 01:17

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

EXCELLENT! I have his address in my computer already...so I will surely check that out! Thanks!!!

So...question...I was seriously thinking of splitting my gate in 1/2...keeping the upper Courier window, but putting in a standard station-wagon bottom to form a tailgate. Thoughts? Since you have had a few...and I saw your current one...NICE looker!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KidKourier

Well the 3-window liftgate is one of the features that makes it unique on our Couriers.But I really like the 2-piece tailgate on the wagons just for the benefit of opening it while cruising or napping in the back.Also watch the exhaust location cuz at 4-way stoplites the exhaust can come rolling in the back.I think I'd try to find a wagon and check out all the mounting locations,will they transfer over easily or major modifications.How about the tailgate handle to open the 3-piece upper half and will you be able to seal both halves together water tight?I assume both openings are the same width?Will you be using the upper tailgate hinges on the 3-window and will they mount the same?You'll also have to weld up the holes in the bottem braces as these are hollow.Just some of the things that come to mind as I'm staring at the back of mine while sitting here indulging in a cool one! By the way I live out here in SoCal so if those 2 Couriers have addresses I'd be happy to go look at them(LOL). Kid

mustang6984

I wasn't planning on changing the top at all. So hinges and such would remain the same. I noticed that the body has recesses in it already for the lower tailgate, as if the bottom 1/2 of the car were made on the same template as a Ranch Wagon. So I would need to do the mounts for the bottom half. On the Ranch Wagon the bottom gate seals and secures the top 1/2...so I would need to look and see if the seal would work on the top 1/2 of what would be left after I separated the two.
Now...having said all of that...I do not have the latch mechanisms for the tailgate now...for either car. Strangely enough both of Deliveries came to me with all of that hardware missing. Which was one of the reasons I thought about changing over, since I figured the hardware for the Ranch Wagon would be much easier to put my hands on than the Delivery hardware.
As for the exhaust...hadn't thought about that...wasn't even thinking about driving with the top open. Good consideration. Guess out to the side a bit with a 22 or 45 degree downturn would be the way to go with that.

And those Deliveries...I don't have an address...but I have the link. Top row, middle picture...and he has told me they will NOT be scrapped or parted out. I was worried that would happen and told him so...and he assured me that was not going to happen. I was sitting here at the time trying to figure out who I could get to buy them to prevent that...so that I wouldn't have to buy them. (I have NO place to put any more projects! LOL!!!)
http://www.kolars1957fordparts.com/Inventory.htm
Check 'em out!
And when I head down next to AZ (I have been rehabbing houses in a small town there) I will have to stop by and see your car closer! That one pic only made me curious! hehehehehehe!

Quote from: KidKourier on 2016-10-29 16:24
   Well the 3-window liftgate is one of the features that makes it unique on our Couriers.......By the way I live out here in SoCal so if those 2 Couriers have addresses I'd be happy to go look at them(LOL). Kid
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker