News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The 300

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2016-10-27 08:00

Previous topic - Next topic

billd5string

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2017-06-21 08:01
.... this car lists like the Lusitania on corners.

ROFL! I haven't gotten to drive mine yet, so I don't know what it does in high winds... but listing like the Lucy, that there is funny!  :laughing7: :laughing7:
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

RICH MUISE

The T-Birds SW/Concourse sway bar will help a bunch, you WILL like it. I had installed the 6 leaf springs in the back, and after driving for a while, I felt no need for the rear sway bar. My car does not feel like it's leaning in corners, period. After I eliminated some of the rake my car had, handling has been really great. I love the curvy mountain roads now and no more  feeling like the rear was going to come around on downward curves. My entire suspension was rebuilt, plus the R & P steering, so I can't say how much each individually affected the handling as most everything was done before the initial drive.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

FiveSevenLiter

Make sure you hit it with some Tremclad Black, will save you a lot of time cleaning bugs later.
T/F
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Jeff Norwell

Jumped off the Texas car to the driver.. replaced the grill,removed,sanded and painted the Gravel pan the proper Argent,...and gave the bumper a once over with some rustoleum....The grill is dirty,so I will give it a once over to bring out the shine.. the old grill was dented and the turn signal pods were junky....onward and upward.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

doing one bit at a time is perfect with a driver car. keeping the fun. this is a great car !

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2017-07-06 16:56
doing one bit at a time is perfect with a driver car. keeping the fun. this is a great car !

:burnout:

Marc

I've been using 0000 steel wool and chrome polish on all my chrome and stainless, mostly because I really don't want to drop big $$ on new chrome. Really cleans it up nice.
I was able to save a set of those dog dish caps like the ones on yours. At first glance I thought the chrome was beyond saving and was about to start comparing the cost of a replate to buying a better looking set, but with a little elbow grease they look great. Now just have to repaint the centers.

RICH MUISE

Aren't the dog dishes stainless?

rmk57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-07-07 12:48

Thankfully not. I sacrificed my two worst for this.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-07-07 12:48

No they are not .

Marc

QuoteThankfully not. I sacrificed my two worst for this.

Those look good on that Bronco!

Jeff Norwell

Well... My 2 pals and my brother in law went to the Syracuse Nationals...Drove the old warhorse,warts and all to the show.... A very H U G E  car show....8500 cars.... saw a few 57's... mainly some nice 57's... no customs....
It was very very hot.
The 57 ran like a champ all the way there..65-75 mph and no issues.... but at the show..so much traffic, so many people.... so very hot... my 57 never overheated... but the heat that radiated from the car was in excess... had a fuel boiling issue.. making an idle impossible.The car would sit all day on that asphalt and never cool until the sun went down.I am changing the steel fuel lines to a better rubber insulated fuel line and installing a carb insulation base plate today.Once the car got into a good travelling speed.... all disappeared.... but i have never experienced that before.
Coming home. traffic on I90 was thick and heavy.... but a massive thunderstorm developed and all cooled down nicely... just like Chuck Berry mentioned in his song.
Syracuse is a great show..and I recommend it to anyone who has never seen a spectacle like that.But.... I never need to go back......I like it a lot.. but a little to big for me.
I will never have to go to the NSRA Nationals..... I prefer much smaller shows.. and to be honest...I enjoy just driving....

RICH MUISE

Did you put your car in the show? Going to a big show at my age is getting to be too much unless I can go back to my car and sit and chat for a while. One of the neat things about a show is most guys are so easy to start a conversation with.  A few weeks ago I went to the NSRA show in Colorado....maybe 1/4 the size of the one you went to. Cars were still coming in when I left 4 hours later, but just didn't have it in me to go back thru to look at what I missed the first time around. . But I'll still go to them because, as you said, the drive is worth it!!

rmk57

I'm surprised that the stock radiator keeps your 460 cool.  My early 460 had the stock rad to but driving in 70-80 degree weather it would slowly and surely start creeping up to 210-220 and then decide to shut it down for a while. I never did get the rad checked out, just put a big aluminum aftermarket one in. Now it never gets above 185...ever.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-07-17 13:45
Did you put your car in the show? Going to a big show at my age is getting to be too much unless I can go back to my car and sit and chat for a while. One of the neat things about a show is most guys are so easy to start a conversation with.  A few weeks ago I went to the NSRA show in Colorado....maybe 1/4 the size of the one you went to. Cars were still coming in when I left 4 hours later, but just didn't have it in me to go back thru to look at what I missed the first time around. . But I'll still go to them because, as you said, the drive is worth it!!

Every car that gets in is in the show... but I was not even into any awards or trophy stuff... I played in that arena.. with my trad. cars..way too tiring....No. we just saw friends and met new ones....That kind of show is pretty exhausting to me..I like much ,much smaller ones.... we do our own show up here and its a pre-64 show.... we are adamant about that..... Just a bunch of good folks who have a common interest....
I found this show had too much modern stuff.... late 70's 80's and later are not my cup of tea.