News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Needs...wanted and for sale and/or swap...

Started by mustang6984, 2016-10-27 21:04

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Goofed up and stuck this elsewhere...so as suggested by another...here it is where it belongs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I appear to have 4 grills for '57's. Not sure how that happened, perhaps they have been cuddling too close whilst up in the rafters...and making whoopee like mice do!  :055:
So, I would like to part with a couple of them. (I have two '57 Sedan Deliveries, so I need a couple.)
Not sure what the going rate is for them, so if anyone has an idea what I should ask, let me know. Trade for parts is also an option.
I also have a rear station wagon seat that was in my car. (Sedan Deliveries did not have back seats.) I think it is a 57 rear seat out of a station-wagon, but I'm not positive. If someone is truly interested in the seat, I can take a bunch of photos and send them via e-mail.

I am also in need of the hood ornament for the '57, I know a lot of guys take them off, so maybe someone has one laying around?
And would like a pair of station wagon tailgate window supports. (I plan on splitting my one-piece tailgate into two, keeping the 3-window for the top.)
I need a windshield, although I realize that is probably going to have to be acquired new.
Also looking for 4 original hubcaps.
And I need interior windshield trim, as long as it is reasonable in condition I can take care of small dents and repaint.

I'm sure there is much more, but those things are the ones that popped out at me today while I was tearing out the carpet and pads and examining the floors.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Zapato

Hood ornament in portland craigslist, been there for some time.

I've bought driver quality grilles anywhere from $50 to $100- if that helps.

Zap -  :unitedstates:

Almost forgot, have in the past bought 57 parts from Dave in Dayton Oregon  503-864-4631  He doesn't hang on to much. Brings them home sells what he can and then scraps the rest.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

mustang6984

Do you have a link for that hood ornament? I tried looking, but didn't find it. Doesn't mean it isn't there...but rather that I am not all that great at searching. LOL!!!
Thanks for the update and phone number as well. I will call him tomorrow and see what he might have.

Quote from: Zapato on 2016-10-30 20:36
Hood ornament in portland craigslist, been there for some time.

I've bought driver quality grilles anywhere from $50 to $100- if that helps.

Zap -  :unitedstates:

Almost forgot, have in the past bought 57 parts from Dave in Dayton Oregon  503-864-4631  He doesn't hang on to much. Brings them home sells what he can and then scraps the rest.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

SkylinerRon

That S-D tailgate is rare, you could swap for wgn tailgates and CASH!

Ron.

mustang6984

Oh I know it is rare. No doubt. But I was only looking to replace the bottom 1/2...keeping the top 1/2 in place. But I am also re-thinking that approach now after some discussion here. Just depends on whether or not I can make the thing work correctly or not.

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2016-11-05 23:31
That S-D tailgate is rare, you could swap for wgn tailgates and CASH!

Ron.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

Isn't the lower tailgate the same for Ranchero, Wagon and Courier?  The Wagon and Courier hinges and latches are different.  If I had a rust free Courier gate, I would look hard at it to see if I could modify the attachment points.

mustang6984

Excellent question. Have to admit I had not thought of that. Because if your theory is correct...that would work quite well..since my entire piece, both top and bottom, are actually in really good shape.
I will take a look at that tomorrow, and see what is what. I did notice sometime ago that the necessary indentations in the sides for the standard Del Rio/Ranchwagon/Ranchero latches were imprinted in the body though. So, my inclination would be that you are correct that it could be switched over using the bottom 1/2 once it was separated from the top.
Thanks for the idea!

I did disassemble the latching mechanism yesterday, and found it to be in fair shape, though it needs to be cleaned and lubed up...which is probably why it never worked when I had it. In my youth I was always too busy to work on the thing...you know how kids are...wild women, work and more wild women! LOL!!!

Quote from: gasman826 on 2016-11-06 18:54
Isn't the lower tailgate the same for Ranchero, Wagon and Courier?  The Wagon and Courier hinges and latches are different.  If I had a rust free Courier gate, I would look hard at it to see if I could modify the attachment points.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

ragtop

tail gate on courier what is rare is the 3 windows in upper and the 2 brackets that holds it together and its not that hard to change it to a wagon tailgate

mustang6984

But I see you didn't keep your upper 3-wnidow part. I was thinking about keeping my tri-window, splitting the gate so that when it was closed, no one would know it was no longer one piece.
Like the car BTW!

Thanks!

Quote from: ragtop on 2016-11-07 20:04
tail gate on courier what is rare is the 3 windows in upper and the 2 brackets that holds it together and its not that hard to change it to a wagon tailgate
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

ragtop

to keep the 3 windows you have to cut the bracket that holds the upper to the lower and that bracket is hard to find wood hate to cut one up but I didn't have  and could not find good windows  so I went the wagon upper

Lou

Love the colors, I have a hood ornament sold to me as NOS but I think it's a repo never on car. Make me a offer Vehicleone@hotmail.com ....Lou 

ragtop

I don't need one my hood has a scoop

mustang6984

Correct...knew that already. A buddy of mine did his long ago. To be honest, I am now re-thinking the idea...since I might be able to make mine fully functional again. If I can, I'll keep it as is. Guys here have sort of talked me into it! LOL!!! (I LOVE this place!  :icon_thumleft:  )

Quote from: ragtop on 2016-11-08 14:08
to keep the 3 windows you have to cut the bracket that holds the upper to the lower and that bracket is hard to find wood hate to cut one up but I didn't have  and could not find good windows  so I went the wagon upper
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker