News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Fairlane 500 Parts

Started by chapingo17, 2016-11-14 15:24

Previous topic - Next topic

chapingo17

I'm new to the site, I live in the state of New Mexico and have some parts for a 57 ford like the rear windshield, the hood and many other parts. Let me know if any one needs these parts or another I might have. I'm also looking for an electric wiper motor for this 57 Ford. If anyone has one please let me know. 

mustang6984

Early to mid 60's T-bird wiper motors are a straight bolt-in.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

kramerdad1

Hi, Im in New Mexico also, Rio Rancho to be exact, can you email  a list of the parts you have/ email is: kramerdad1@aol.com

RICH MUISE

Off subject, but I'm in NM alot...planning on at least a few shows there next year (July4 Santa Fe for sure)
We bring this up occationally, but it would be great if everyone could put at least their home state in their info....this is a perfect example.
Chapingo.what part of NM do you live in?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

chapingo17

I live in Rio Rancho. If you could tell me what parts are you looking for.

jwtdvm

I have not heard of theTbird wiper motor however the electric wiper motor for a 57 chevrolet will bolt right up and even use the original cable switch--I know this will make the car slower but at least you can see the road in the rain

jwtdvm

Me again--isnt a mid 60 tbird a hydraulic wiper system or did that end in 63???

mustang6984

I would NEVER choose to lower the value of '57 by bolting a part from ANY GM vehicle on it! YUCK! LOL!!

I need to pull my motor out of storage and look at the part number to see what year it is...couple of other guys raised an issue with my 40+ year old memory as well. I'll try to remember to do that in the next day or so when I am at the shop working on my Courier.

Quote from: jwtdvm on 2017-01-19 15:04
I have not heard of theTbird wiper motor however the electric wiper motor for a 57 chevrolet will bolt right up and even use the original cable switch--I know this will make the car slower but at least you can see the road in the rain
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

61 & 62 Bird wiper motors were electric but would not "bolt in".  The linkage is wrong and they have their switching done at the dash, not at the motor.

63 - 66 Birds had a hydraulic motor driven off the power steering pump.

I do know a 60 Ford motor will bolt in as I installed one on my Ranchwagon.  Have not looked at other Ford produces (Falcon/Fairlane) to see if they would work.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

chapingo17

I order a chevy wiper motor that the closes to original. Rather that vacuum motor.

Ford Blue blood

Update on the wiper motors, looks like early 60s Falcon and Fairlane motors will not "bolt in", wrong mounting tabs and linkage hook up.  58 - 60 Bird motors will not either as the cable drum is mounted directly to the shaft and I found no applications of electric motors that swap in.

The motor used in the 55 - 57 Chevy was manufactured by the same folks that made all the Ford electric motors back in the day so really not a "Chevy" part IMHO.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

chapingo17