News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Flamin Mo 57

Started by campy38, 2023-11-13 11:25

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

Go in the house and borrow a cooking thermometer.  Stick it in the radiator and compare the readings to your gauge.  Should be close.

mustang6984

Quote from: gasman826 on 2024-04-08 20:57Go in the house and borrow a cooking thermometer.  Stick it in the radiator and compare the readings to your gauge.  Should be close.

Yea...and be sure to REALLY clean it good...and do NOT tell the lady of the house what you did! Oh she will NOT be appreciative! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

campy38

If im still getting strange reading with the new one thats prolly what my next step will be. Prolly just buy a cheap one to keep in the shop though😂

also the old one was not very good and hard to read. The numbers went from 190 to 230 and the spacing between the 2 numbers made it difficult to tell what temp it was really at
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)
"speed's just a question of money. How fast you wanna go?"

campy38

So much bigger problems... looks like more work ahead. Honestly I'm still ignorant in many aspects so I'm not fore sure what has gone wrong. Luckily guy who built motor will be helping with fixing any issues that may have happened. Had a knocking so stopped quickly after and pulled the valve cover. One rocker was completely off and 3 others were near it. 3 pushrod guides are worn on driver side haven't pulled passenger yet. Not what I wanted to find but will be a good opportunity to see what went wrong and why....

On the plus side the short test run the cooling issue is solved.
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)

mustang6984

Could they have been adjusted too tight and bent? I'm just tossing out an idea here. Not sure if I am all wet or not.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

campy38

That's what I'm worried about. Also looks like pushrod guides may have not been hardened correctly. My buddy who built the motor is coming Sunday to assess. He may be trailering car to his shop depending on what all needs to be done.
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)

Fairlane62

Well, what was the verdict on the rockers?

mustang6984

Quote from: Fairlane62 on Today at 00:56Well, what was the verdict on the rockers?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                   x :felix: 2
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker