News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

It's really amazing that there are thousands of classic cars still left, and as many left wing wacko politicians that want to get rid of them  :005:

I like the wagons too, I'd rather have a wagon then a ranchero.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

junior58

I'd love a wagon to accompany my Fairlane, preferably a Ranchwagon, though I'd also have a Country Sedan.......and a Ranchero........ and a Custom 300.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

djfordmanjack

Got all lights converted to Euro specs (must-have for inspection). orange rear and front blinkers. white driving lights in headlamps and H4 (non sealed beam) main. Using BOSCH Night Breaker H4 bulbs and they do put out some really bright light.
put a pair of neat Australian truck headlight covers on. Not that we have kangaroos here in Austria, that need to be deflected from the headlights, but I just love how they further exeggerate the 57s 'forward' rake of  headlights and fender tips.

clusterbuster

Where did you buy the bulbs jackman, and are they a direct replacement without using any resistors etc?

djfordmanjack

The headlights themselves are a direct replacement for the sealed beams and no modification is needed on the headlight buckets, or ring. I bought them from Limora, which is a German shop for vintage British car parts. Most of the MGs Jaguars aso they have 7" headlights (take care that you get LHD units, as they point the light to the right). The H4 Night Breaker bulbs I bought directly from BOSCH. they are very bright and well worth their money ( around 35 a pair).

Jeff Norwell

G,.. do you guys in Austria have yearly Inspections?... or just one to get the car on the road?
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

there is main inspection before car gets new title, and yearly full inspection for renewal for older daily drivers. every other year if car is registered as historical vehicle with a driving limit of 1800miles a year. rules are VERY strict, Jeff.
That's why I have to get so many things done over winter BEFORE I actually can have the car inspected.
Until now I drove it legaly on dealer/garage plates which do allow for a certain amount of disrepair.
Rust through spots on car are a total NO-GO on registered vehicles. not even dime sized holes in wheel wells or lower fenders. so all of the floorboards and a posts have to be taken care of before.

lalessi1

I finally got my YOM plate/registration. Funny how regs are different everywhere. In the banana republic of Louisiana a YOM plate is permanent, no annual fees, no inspections, initial or otherwise and no limit on driving milage. :003:
Lynn

hiball3985

YIKES!! Thats really restricted mileage, with those regulations I would only be able to drive about two months locally, and with a few long distance trips even less. No limit in California, they know the more gas you burn the more tax they collect  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Lynn and Jim, you are both living in car paradise...honestly. Same with former owner in England. no yearly inspection, tax excempt and registration inspection cost 16 GBP ($20). monthly insurance GBP 12 ( $15).
now- my main inspection fee will be over $500, every second year inspection around 60 and annual fees, safety insurance (no theaft or fire or damage to car included) and taxes around $1k every year. Add the Euro gas cost.... :005:
and the law says  1800miles and 6 month a year driving limit. at full taxes. Must be different opinion of fairplay up there.
And now that I am putting all my savings in being able to come up with the registration fees I will have nothing left to pay for the 1800 miles gas anyways.... :003:
( how do I say that politely....? It's a mistery to me why after 9 months of driving this year, the odometer added over 5000 miles on my 1934 Ford, while I had actally only driven it for 1799 miles.... :003:)

gasman826

Makes me think of being 16 and my Mom wrote down the mileage before letting me take the family car.  Didn't take me any time at all to figure out how to drive to town and crawl up under the dash and unhook the speedo cable.

hope my Mom doesn't read this!!!!!!!!!

hiball3985

I guess I can't complain, $160 a year registration because they consider a ranchero a commercial vehicle, no inspections or mileage limit..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

SWEET! Nice looking potential for a daily driver!!! Congrats!

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2016-11-29 03:06
Well, this is my new 1957 Ford project. As some of you might already know I am totally addicted to the fifty-seven wagons and I have my 2dr Del Rio Ranch Wagon in the makings.
Still I plan to repair as little and drive it as much as possible. ?
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

SPOT ON! Took the words right off my fingertips! Hope they all asphyxiate in their battery cars!

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2016-12-12 08:09
It's really amazing that there are thousands of classic cars still left, and as many left wing wacko politicians that want to get rid of them  :005:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker