News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Thanks G, I never use anything on the threads for fear of not getting a good ground. 
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

this is mostly real copper particles, so I dont worry about bad ground.

djfordmanjack

Finally. today I made a 400 mile round trip to get the 57CS inspected by a federal officer. It seems it passed ok !  :003:
while at it, I thought it would be a good occasion to visit some places , and this is how typical Austrian scenery looks like, Rich !
and station wagon living at it's best. No Surf here Bob, but you got to take what you get ! :003:

mustang6984

Great pics! Thanks for sharing...make me want to come over there and go for a drive!   :002:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

That's what it's all about!!!!!!! Congrats on it passing inspection, I had no doubt. You live in beautiful country, always what I heard about Austria. The pics are exactly what I was hoping to see when I asked a few months back. Thanks for posting.
I had another quick 600 mile trip thru New Mexico a few weeks ago, I'll post pics as soon as I can find my cables to connect the camera.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Thanks for the nice pictures Guenter.  It looks like you had hardly any traffic.  As you know , I know how tough and crazy those inspections are over there and I'm happy for you that your 57 CS passed.   Did they have any issues at all?

hiball3985

Beautiful Guenter! Nothing is more fun then a road trip in a 57. Tried to post some but they are to big and need resizing  :005: I think we should have a separate thread for road trips.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Thnx, guys. it was another day and trip to be remembered for sure !
the scenery is incredible, even if you are used to it. the weather was just perfect with low 80s and the temp gauge seemed to be glued to the factory specs 160. hardly got over 170 sometimes and she was doing 65+ all the time. once in a sudden 20 min traffic jam it climbed to a cool 190. Really glad that I got those overheating issues fixed. Still very thankful for Jim's net filtering tip. still have it in there and getting lots of coarse rust and scale chips filtered out every 500 miles or so. I will keep it for now.
preparing for inspection I replaced the cracked drvr's door glass.
Jay, You wouldn't believe what they come up with issues. They complained about my rusty rain gutters....well, they should have seen my Del Rio then.... and they didn't like the shim stacks, that I made for camber/caster adjustment. It seemed it would have been better to drive it with extremely off and odd wheel settings than having  correct alignment with a stack of shims that is still within factory limits. Anyways I was able to convince them about that and was able to get a second set of radial 15" tires ticked off for future use.
Actually ist was  A LOT traffic as the holiday season is in full swing and the roads are crammed. Managed to take a few nice shots and finally getting off highways, and sneaking along those lovely backroads, creating some precious memories on film and on my mind.
There is nothing better than getting these cars out on the road and listen to them buzzing, with the landscape flying bye all day long. WOW !
The Y block is running like a Swiss clock, or rather like a Dearborn sewing machine...I am getting addicted to the rabid sound of the 1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2 ! It feels like flying one of those radial engined warbirds. just love it  :003:
Here's a few pics of replacing door glass and debris filtered out of coolant.

djfordmanjack

Just a few hundred feet above those lakes. can't explain how quiet and peaceful it is. it's just 25 miles from the city of Salzburg ( birthplace of Mozart). The Country Sedan fits the country like a glove.  :001: Loving it so much.

hiball3985

JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Jim, I am thinking of building a cup shaped filter from brass mesh that will go in the radiator inlet neck nicely and can be cleaned out easily.

mustang6984

They whined about shims? REALLY? Do these people understand how common shims are in the world of front-end alignments? Obviously inspectors don't have to KNOW anything about cars to be "trained" to inspect them. SHEESH!

Looks good...glad you are enjoying it! Keep it up!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Hugh, honestly I was as surprised as you are.... it was the least important thing that I would have ever thought of, making issues. I even bundled them up with red tie wraps, so  I could see how many of them were there to do the job. should have painted them flat black... for the stealth effect.....haha.... dunno really. how they can come up with things like that. anyways, I know the front end will handle up to 100+mph, so I am good to go. :003:

mustang6984

I want to be with you in that sweetie when it hits 100 mph! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Fly in and check it out ! This old lady is good for some rpms.... :003: