News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

Please contact James Potter, Moderator, owner and Mastermind of this Forum.
see:
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=5572.0

I hope that he still has some stickers left, as he was talking about running out of old design and preparing to possibly getting a new design printed.

Limey57

I really like the folding licence plate!  Fortunately I managed to just have enough clearance on mine as we're allowed to use motorcycle size plates on US imports, but as I have a removable hitch I could have made it to cover the hitch receiver and remove it when towing, but went the easier route.

Gary

1957 Ranchero

djfordmanjack

Thx Gary. Unfortunately we don't have access to smaller plates for collector cars.
What I find useful with the folding mechanism, that when backing up to a trailer, I can just sweap it up and it won't get mangled if the trailer touches the bumper.

KYBlueOval

Guenter, I found a Station Wagon Tailgate on U.S.  E-Bay   item # 332457782952............where there is a tail gate, there might be a roof, and drip rail.
John

djfordmanjack

Just updating this thread a little. Not much going on as we're stuck in the middle of winter and I have no big plans for the CS this season. She's out in the enclosed carport and I go out and 'visit' here now and then. haven't started her up in 2 months, but will soon, letting the engine idle and warm up sufficiently.
Plans for spring include replacing and sealing the oil pump with a refurbished oem pump, that needs assembling. When springtime comes, it'll be driving time ! :001:

Here's a few memories from 2017 last Halloween Cruise.

mustang6984

Not only do I have a lust for your wagon...but that coupe would look REALLY good sitting in my shop! LOL!!!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Hugh, that Model A Resto Rod has been around for a long time. the PO brought it over when he moved from the US to Austria, probably 30 yrs ago or more. it's a 4dr Sedan btw. hard to see from that pic.

mustang6984

Nice...not many of those 4-doors left. Looks sweet!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

djfordmanjack

not much going on with the Country Sedan, but finally converted the og interior lamp to LED panels. old bezel is pretty much weathered but with brighter LEDs shows nicely. another og piece saved. the single OEM bulb was just not bright enough. now I can find the ign lock or my way into the cargo area when out camping. :003:

mustang6984

SWEET!  Looks great! Nicely done sir!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Not much has been going on with the wagon unfortunately. after driving it just a few times in spring I did not find the time to get it out again with lots of business work. It's a shame really. My best excuse is that I have been driving the '34 daily since.
About 3 weeks ago I wanted to fire her up, only to find a dead battery and after that was replaced she fired right up, pouring what felt like a gallon of gas down the floor. Probably a faulty fuel pump diaphragm. She did that before and self sealed her again with gas in the pump. obviously the diaphragm doesn't like to get dry. Anyways, ordered a rebuild kit, and here I am sitting and thinking if I should try start her up tomorrow, hoping that she managed to miraculously fix that leak by herself. You never know... :003:

hiball3985

Hope you have better luck then me. Does your fuels have that damn Ethanol?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2018-07-16 14:32
I am sitting and thinking if I should try start her up tomorrow, hoping that she managed to miraculously fix that leak by herself. You never know... :003:
Always good to be an eternal optimist yes? LOL!!! Good luck with that approach...never has worked for me either.    bawl
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Well , judging by the usual amount of luck with my old car trouble, I should not even go out there to look at the wagon... :002:

Yes we do have ethanol in fuel, but much less then in the US or Germany. we do get premium fuel that has very little of it ( 3 or 5%).
When I brought my 2 cars from the US I observed how I was literally able to screw the idle mixture screws in a lot for leaner mixture.
( I drove both cars in the US and they were idling just nicely with US gas).
Of course both cars came from sea level and up to 1000ft el. where I live, but I have never had to adjust my cars much when going to the sea. My best bet it's the difference in fuel, hence 20% ethanol in pump gas overseas vs continental premium gas.