News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Not really surprising, Calif is filled with stupid people..

Actually...it is "West Coast" is filled with stupid people. No better here in WA state or the one in between us either. If'n ya' know what I mean!   bawl
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2017-09-13 19:17
Not really surprising, Calif is filled with stupid people..

Actually...it is "West Coast" is filled with stupid people. No better here in WA state or the one in between us either. If'n ya' know what I mean!   bawl
You are so right. OR has become what it always hated. And the cancer keeps spreading.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2017-09-14 09:11
You are so right. OR has become what it always hated. And the cancer keeps spreading.

Cancer is an apt description of the problem.

P.S. Love that Ranchero!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

x2. love Jim's Ranchero. the color combo is striking and loving the Cragars and stance as well. add the fact it's driven all the time and it is a total winner. How about posting some fresh pics of your ride, Jim ?

It is astounding that a lot of new things and the way people change, it often seems things are getting more stupid instead of becoming smarter. sometimes a rule of thumb or simple thinking would make life easier. It's great how we can repair and maintain our old cars with exactly those two things.

mustang6984

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2017-09-15 04:11
It is astounding that a lot of new things and the way people change, it often seems things are getting more stupid instead of becoming smarter. sometimes a rule of thumb or simple thinking would make life easier. It's great how we can repair and maintain our old cars with exactly those two things.

I firmly believe that the internet has made society stupider and a lot less sociable. What should have been a boon toward making us more intelligent and more cohesive has indeed done the opposite. Except of course for this site...which is heavn for us '57 Ford addicts!   :hello2:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Thank you for the kind words guys. It's no show car but a great daily driver. I'm sorry for a lack of pictures, the last ones my wife took on a road trip with her phone were to BIG to post and I couldn't
seem to resize them. I just have an old camera that barely works. A few weeks ago I managed to get the battery charged and the thing wrapped in wire and tape to take a picture of the new engine I'm building so I could send it to Jay.

I agree, all the new technology that is suppose to make our lives easier has made them more complicated in many ways. But like most things they are a two edge sword..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2017-09-15 09:17
Thank you for the kind words guys. It's no show car but a great daily driver. I'm sorry for a lack of pictures, the last ones my wife took on a road trip with her phone were to BIG to post and I couldn't
seem to resize them.

Send them to me...one or two at a time will go through e-mail...I'll re-size them for you and send back the modified ones you can keep in a folder for the purpose of "show-n'-tell"! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2017-09-15 13:05
Send them to me...one or two at a time will go through e-mail...I'll re-size them for you and send back the modified ones you can keep in a folder for the purpose of "show-n'-tell"! LOL!!!
There are only actually two, my wife was more interested in the scenery LOL
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2017-09-15 15:03
There are only actually two, my wife was more interested in the scenery LOL

ROTFLMAO! Sounds familiar!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ecode70D

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2017-09-15 15:41
ROTFLMAO! Sounds familiar!!!

I need a translation.    Can't figure out that word.

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2017-09-17 11:46
    I need a translation.    Can't figure out that word.
Jay, it's computer slang/short cut. There are many I don't know, it helps to have kids to do the translations  :003:

R =rolling
O =on
T = the
F =floor
L =laughing
M =my
A =ass
O =off
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2017-09-17 12:16
Jay, it's computer slang/short cut. There are many I don't know, it helps to have kids to do the translations  :003:

R =rolling
O =on
T = the
F =floor
L =laughing
M =my
A =ass
O =off

Yep...that's it!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ecode70D

WOW!   Thanks.   Computer language stumps me.   

djfordmanjack

back to little details on the wagon.
As some of you pointed out I was running into trouble with the rear license plate not clearing the trailer hitch. Our plates are huge unfortunately...
I mounted it offset to the right side of the hitch and low down so it would clear the tailgate and all letters being readable. I just hated that offset look, it ruined the whole car. after looking at it for a month or so, I believe I came up with a better solution :002:
fully retractable mechanism, so it clears both the hitch and the gate when down and it can be swept out of the way when hooking a trailer.
it'll also accept og Cal plates for show display.

djfordmanjack

another shot with the actual plate

here's a link to short video, showing the fully automatic retraction while gate is opended and closed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue-qvbv6RL8