News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Window Flipper Parts

Started by Wirenut, 2016-12-05 21:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Wirenut

Can anyone tell me if there is a source for the hinges that are inside of the window flipper assembly for the hard top? I have checked previous post regarding the flippers and have called Danchucks, Ecklers, and Old Car Parts. They both sell the replacement springs, felt, and rivets. They also sell the complete assembly for the tri fives but will not sell the hinges. I have googled every possible scenario and checked e bay but haven't located any. I ordered the springs and plastic protectors years ago but just getting to restoring them. I didn't realize I had a couple unsalvageable hinges. I know somebody makes them for the repops that the above mentioned vendors sell.
Any source information would be appreciated.

Partsman

I hate to mention it but if you check GM flippers they are almost identical to ours.  I rebuilt mine with 1 from a 57 Chev and 1 from a Buick.
Hope this helps
Bill

Wirenut

Thanks Bill, I have tried the Chevy suppliers but didn't want to have to buy a complete flipper but I may have to do that. I'll have to look at it as another opportunity to walk a salvage yard and reminisce of times gone by. The stories a lot of those old cars could tell if they could only talk.