News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Early 1960s Watson Indy racer tin toy model

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-12-09 03:47

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

yesterday I found this one at a local fleamarket.
I just couldn't let it sit there, poor little racer...
WOW !

lalessi1

Lynn

djfordmanjack

My ten year old son just came in and we had to run the car for about 10 minutes  :003: it has a swithc to  adjust engine rpms and has a  working clutch! so the engine keeps running, car standing still, until you drop the clutch. Boy, I wish I was ten in 1960 ! :002:

djfordmanjack

hiball3985

Thats too cool. I don't remember ever seeing one of those.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

That IS cool! So, tell the truth, you could hardly wait for your son to come in so YOU could run the car for ten minutes, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

I am confessing all the way, and I even had it running before my son joined the racing action ... :003:

lalessi1

Gotta love the dune buggy too! I went through my VW phase, I put a Corvair engine in a Karman Ghia and Porsche 912 engine in another VW kit car.
Lynn

djfordmanjack

Have had many VWs over the last 20 years and they have been great means of reliable transportation and reasonably priced Hot Rod material for me ever since. at the moment I am down to one VW (the 53 single cab truck that's in the videos) as I sold the dune buggy in favor of my 57 4dr CS wagon.
Corvair engine in a Ghia sounds like a lot of fun  :003:

Ecode70D

Enjoy that toy while you can.   It's just a matter of time before your son claims it and takes it away from you.  HAHA 

djfordmanjack

Probably will have to include it in my will later on, but for now it's mine.... :003:
Frankly speaking, we are having a good time enjoying it TOGETHER.