News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 wiper cable assembly

Started by Country Mav, 2016-12-25 16:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Mav

Hello y'all. I need some help. I'm trying to find an assembly with the tensioners, cables, etc. I have a new electric motor, but the tensioners and cables need to be replaced. Where can a person find these?? Thanks in advance!!

Preston

RICH MUISE

I'd check with Roger in Kansas. He's listed in our listings of salvage yards known to have '57 Fords. JFYI:...The cable and pulleys are unique to '57's....'58's are different. If Roger doesn't have them, any of the other sources listed may, except I think the Desert Valley cars maybe are too stripped out to still have them. I've been to Roger's place, I didn't see the 40 or 50 cars he told another member he had, but he definetly has at least 20, and not too awfully stripped.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lgcustom

The cables can be made with hardware store steel cable and crimp sleeves. I've done it but sorry don't have any photos or documentation.

Ray

My usual suggestion. Steve Pierce, 29 palms CA, 310-631-0053. He's great.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

thomasso

I have a complete set that is in excellent condition, have even been media blasted.  The baffles were not included. I think I paid around $60 on Ebay.  Always think we need spares.  Time to get rid of spares now that car is finished.  You can call me at 406-491-2882.  I will be leaving for AZ on the 2nd.  Tom.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.