News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

WANTED - Custom "paint dividers"

Started by Hot Rod Custom, 2017-07-12 21:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Custom

Hi guys,
  I'm in hot pursuit of a very nice Custom that needs paint and I like the way the two-tone paint schemes look on these beautiful cars. As you know, to look "right" as a two-toned car, I'll need the two small moldings that extend from the top of each side trim piece to the top of each quarter panel. I believe they're diecast pot metal. I'd prefer a pair that are easily replateable (without a lot of pitting) or, of course, if they have nice plating to begin with, I can save some money by not sending them in to be plated.
  I always like to reference original part numbers, but I no longer have a master parts catalog. Can someone help me with these part numbers? If you have one or both, please contact me with your best price, including shipping. I can send payment via PayPal or send a postal money order.
  Thanks to anyone that can help provide a lead or has them. I think these will be the most difficult items to find and I want to find them as soon as I can, even if I'm not going to paint the car right away.
  Please email me at tomlovescoolcars@gmail.com. Thank you.
Tom

lotsafords

Can you please post a picture of what exactly your looking for, I have a lot of pieces or a lot of models.
Jack

lalessi1

I think this is the part you are looking. I looked for a couple of years for mine... Hen's teeth!

B7A 7029034-A (right side)
B7A 7029035-A (left side)
Lynn

Hot Rod Custom

Yes, Lynn, you're absolutely right. The photo you posted is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the part numbers, too. I'm sure someone in our vast and knowledgeable '57 Ford community may have a set they'd sell.
  Jack, thanks for offering your help. You can see the photo Lynn posted; those are what I'm looking for. Thanks for any help you can provide. I appreciate it.
Tom

lalessi1

A while back I spoke to Steven Pierce in Twenty Nine Palms, CA, he said he had a set but he would have to find them. Look in the "Suppliers Section" of the forum under "Salvage Yards" for a little more info...
Lynn