News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

WTB: Both front fenders for Custom or base Fairlane, no trim holes

Started by JPotter57, 2016-12-29 10:10

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I know it's a long shot, but would like to find a couple decent steel front fenders with no trim holes for my Custom.  I have a pair of fiberglass fenders that are near ready to paint, will be finishing them up in the next couple weeks if I cant find steel ones.  At this point of the build, I would just rather have the steel ones, even if they need a little rust repair, lower corners, headlight areas ok, not interested in the top of fender rust, too much work.  Not interested in complete junk, but they dont have to be NOS either, cant afford those.  I have the potmetal eyebrows, so dont need those.  Let me know what is available out there.  If I find a set, my glass fenders will be available for reasonable price, these are pretty nice fenders.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

wv 57s forever

Lgcustom

If you're willing to make rust repairs, it's not much more to weld up some trim holes.

JPotter57

I can weld them up, its the 100 plus hours of bodywork following it that ihave no interest in.  I have about 100 hours in my driver side door, that was a `58 Custom 300 door, had only 14 holes.  Custom 300 or Fairlane 500 fenders have at least that many, but I believe as many as 20 holes.  Not interested in that.  My glass fenders are almost ready to paint, I just thought i would rather have steel ones.
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

If that were all that is available after a few months of searching, then I guess, yeah, I could weld up some holes.  Or if fenders full of trim holes could be had at a great deal... What do you have guys?
Old, loud, and fast.

cokefirst

are you looking for the fender with the inner fender wells?  Or just the bare fenders?  I have a couple of fenders, but I need to see what kind of shape they are in.
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

JPotter57

I have a nice pair of inner fenders, just need som decent useable fenders.  Let me know , and how much.  I have decided I dont want to put any more work into my fiberglass fenders, rather have steel ones.  Thanks
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

Old, loud, and fast.

spankymcfairlane

I have a pair of fenders that are on a Ranch wagon, two emblem holes are all that is there.  They will need headlight panels, and the fender bottoms. Give me a call 208-755-0407.  I can ship on greyhound.  Steve

wv 57s forever