News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

advise on swaybar bushings

Started by Raven Rider, 2017-01-03 13:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

What are the best bushings for a 57 ranch wagon sway bar rubber or  poly and advise on where to buy them and the end links  thanks
?

lalessi1

A stock sway bar has rubber bushings and no end links. I don't think poly bushings are available (not positive). Rubber bushings can be purchased from Dennis Carpenter, Steel Rubber, Concours Parts, Mac's, etc...
Lynn

Raven Rider

Is it worth rebuilding the stock sway bar with new bushings I'm sure it will help ?  Will I gain anything with a stock replacement sway bar.  I have super low budget for this  thanks

Raven Rider

SkylinerRon

If its an original wagon it will use the larger swaybar  with larger holes in the bushings.

Ron.

gasman826

I'm unaware of a HD, OEM sway bar.  My wagon and Courier both have the same size bar as the Custom.  I changed out the Custom to a aftermarket, larger OEM style bar ADDCO that keeps the Custom flat in the corners.  I have been tempted to barrow the larger bar and put it on the Raunch Wagon for a little road test.

The ADDCO bar is a direct OEM replacement with poly bushings and moderately priced.

http://www.jegs.com/i/ADDCO/020/2151/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710749090&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=15769068431&CATCI=pla-223041270311&gclid=CjwKEAiA-rfDBRDeyOybg8jd2U4SJAAoE5XqQ8TBe6Fo06zTwYJNfYUpcDGaiaP_9DAPZD84LfyXtRoC_jPw_wcB

SkylinerRon

Swaybars:

57/58 All EXCEPT  S/D,SW,51A(Retract), 66(Ranchero)  .60"  B7A-5482-A

57/58 SD,SW,51A,66.  .66"  B7A-5482-B

That aftermarket bar should be a good addition at .875"

Ron.

lowrider

I put the Addco sway bar that gasman mentioned on my 57 Custom a few years ago. Made a world of difference.

Raven Rider

Thanks I will get the ADDCO bar looks like a easy solution to my boat like ride

RICH MUISE

Jerry. The Addco should be just fine, but also available is one from Thunderbirds Southwest (same as Concourse) that I have on mine. It may even be heavier, at 1 1/8, than the Addco. I love mine. As Gary said...they stay flat in the corners. The TBSW (SWTB?) does not mount in the same location, but is a bolt on with no drilling. It uses existing unused holes in the control arms.
Rich
PS cold and snowy here. Also, glad to see you moving along on that wagon!!!! Don't forget to let me know when your headed to Oklahoma. I enjoyed our breakfast in Mesa last month.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Raven Rider

Thanks to all who have replied I have the addco bars on order I like the way they tuck in high and tight my car has T bird front spinals and sets a little lower.  If I think I need more sway control I'll try a rear bar.