News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

windlace clips

Started by Randyh, 2017-01-04 19:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Randyh

Gasman, The car was taken apart so many years ago it is hard to say what is missing.  I have been trying to keep ahead of the build by collecting what is required for the next step.  The body should be painted in the next few weeks so I was getting together the headliner and windlace parts which is why I am looking for the windlace clips.  The other parts I haven't found are all of the wiring clips.  I only found two of the about eleven that are needed for the wire to trunk and none for the wiring attached to the nose piece and grill.  I wish I knew all of the parts missing.
Thanks,

gasman826

The Ford Illustration Book will show the parts location and the Ford Parts Book will give the number of pieces required.

cokefirst

I found two of the windlass clips at my house and I am going to my storage tomorrow to see if I can find anymore.  Send me your address and I will send you two or more depending on what I find.  Dan
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

Marc

I was just poking around Dennis Carpenter's website, and they are listing new windlace clips in their catalog.

Randyh

I looked and the one they are offering, although the correct part number, do not look like the originals.  Here is the one the offer.  Does anyone know where these are used?

Mavaholic

Took me awhile but I found my stash. I used wood on mine but luckily I'm a pack rat so I didn't throw them away. Send me your address and they're yours if you still want them.

Randyh

Mavaholic,  I believe that due to the helpful people here I should have what I need.
Thanks anyway,