News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My Old '57 Crew Cab Ranchero

Started by 57crewcabbuilder, 2017-01-05 13:28

Previous topic - Next topic

57crewcabbuilder

Here's couple of pics of my crew cab from "Back in the day".  I built this in the late '70's and sold it in 1995.

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Super cool! We need more info on the build. Was it a four door wagon originally? Is that two gas tank fill doors I see? Rear doors have wing windows?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

That is really incredible! Love it.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Pics of that car were posted here some years ago. Not sure if it was posted by the current owner. Everyone was amazed at how much it looked like it just could have rolled out of Detroit that way. Great execution!! Where is it now? Glad you finally joined the forum, it's nice to have guys with that kind of talent here.
You may have posted elsewhere, but what's your current '57? Since you sold that one, I'm assuming you have another.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57crewcabbuilder

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2017-01-06 07:42
Super cool! We need more info on the build. Was it a four door wagon originally? Is that two gas tank fill doors I see? Rear doors have wing windows?

Yes, it was a Country Sedan, I added 28 1/2 inches to the frame in front of the front rear spring hangers where there's a straight spot about 1' long.  I then rear clipped it with a '57 Ranchero rear clip.  The rear doors are front doors & rear doors grafted together, with the front 4" being the rear door part. The rear doors are stock length.   I had a pair of 10 gallon tanks that fit into the wells under the bed floor.  I built the gas door, but never got the tanks in.  Those little, as you put it "Wing Vents" are non-functional and serve the purpose of giving clearance to the outer door handle remote bell crank.

One of my friends from Visalia CA bought it in 1997, but died a few years later. Another friend bought it from the 1st guy's estate and restored it.  It's been through several owners since then, although I don't know the present owner, there are several pictures posted in the photo Gallery on the FE Ford Forum. 

When I got the Country Sedan it belonged to '20's & '30's racing luminary, Jack Taylor, who at one time was the racing partner of Ed Winfield, the father of the speed equipment industry. Jack owned a Machine & Balance shop in Tulare CA, "Mooney Blvd Machine shop", also known as "Taylors Place".

When I sold the crew cab I got a '57 Custom 300 2 door, with a 429 as part payment.  I later sold the Custom 300 to a guy from Reno, Bill Patsold.  Currently I don't own a '57 Ford.  The only early Ford I own is a beater '61 Ranchero.

RICH MUISE

Well, even though your not a current '57 owner, a big welcome to the forum anyways. As far as I'm concerned you built one of our icons, and any info you have on the build is sure appreciated. Were you in the body shop business?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Thank you for the info on the build, very interesting and you are very talented.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Cool story about that project !
I've been to Visalia before and that's really a beautiful little town! Just love the old houses.
A friend of mine bought a 1950 Cadillac coupe from a guy who also owned several Shoebox woodies and Packards.