News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

new drivetrain to oem E or F code comparison

Started by RICH MUISE, 2017-01-17 11:38

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Once again, Hot Rod magazine made a rule to hamstring the Ford entries.  No aluminum heads?  Thats ok, Mummert and Eaton can still work magic with the old iron stuff.  It pisses me off when a Ford dominates, the rules change so that Ford can not dominate any more.   I hope they slaughter everyone even worse this year with iron heads.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

hiball3985

After Sundays Nascar race they will probably change the rules again to kill the Fords  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

silverbird#58

[quote author -  Torque  and who builds it first , is the whole race. 
                              the Road kill guys  on TV . did a  comparison dyno  , between    the 383  chevrolet engine   and the 383  1970 Chrysler engine 
                                                                                                                                                                                         chrysler has  the purple street cam  dialed in strait up   
                                                                                                                            the 383   chev has its performance two hump heads,   and the cam was as close to mopar as they could find
                                                                                                                            The lift duration was the same , and installed at simular center . 
                                                                                                                       Stock rockers for both  and lifters
                                                                                                         Both  used the same holley  carb to dyno with ,.  after a mild runs to set timming ,   the results were  -
                                                         the 383 chrysler built Torque starting  at 1400 rpm   ,   the Gm engine needed to spool up to 3100 to get the same torque levels ,     Output HP was close with in 5 hp.
                                               Seems Some phone calls were made . and some  parts houses Or  others Did not like what they saw.  (it is what it is ) . the video was pulled from the tube.  lol 
                               I however have printed Up  almost 500 video thumb nails that the tube axed for one reason or another,    I have this one  ,