News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Firebird with some nice ladies

Started by Fonz, 2017-01-22 12:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Fonz

I always wish they had given Bandit a Boss Mustang 351 instead of a Trans Am, but that's history.

If you check out the free "Look Inside" feature Amazon.com offers, you will see girl band Chicanery and model Elizabeth posing with a '68 Firebird 400. Burt Reynolds is on p112. :004:

Firebird Book 3rd edition - eBook

rmk57

Saw him last night on the BJ auction. He seems to be slowing down a little but still has an eye for the ladies for sure.

My favorite Burt Reynolds movie car was the 71 Ford Custom in the 1973 movie White Lightening.
Car probably had a 429 of some sort, sounded pretty healthy and had that sleeper look I like.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

59meteor

The full sized Ford the Reynolds drove must have had a bit of "Hollywood Magic" performed on it. In one scene, Burt skids to a stop, and can clearly be seen putting the column shifter into Park. But in the close up shots of him accelerating in the car, it magically turns into a 71-73 Mustang interior, along with a 4 speed and Hurst shifter, and woodgrain steering wheel. This same magic even occurred with the Police cars, during a chase scene , the Police car in hot pursuit is a Ford, then changes to a Chevy, then back to a Ford. And in the scene where Reynolds jumps his Ford from the shore, onto a departing garbage scow, with the rear of the car hanging over the edge, with the tires in the river, it would be interesting to see how they got the car safetly unloaded.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.