News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 ford.com

Started by JPotter57, 2017-01-22 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Some of you may notice that by typing in 1957ford.com, 1957ford.info, 57ford.com, etc, you will now be directed here to our site.  I am still working on the site, trying to get all the backup files to play nice with each other, but so far, havent been able to.  I hope to have Johns old site functional soon, so I can update soem visual stuff on it, put the new 1957ford.com logo on it, an updated club logo that Jeff and I are working on, and a few other things.  The main thing i am working on is preserving all of the data and raw information there.  the car photos and stuff are amazing, but is secondary until I get all of the tech and history together.  Aside from the website, John sent me many, many books, plus scanned images from many books.  There is so much stuff there, it could take me a couple or three years to get it all on.  All in all, I believe we got a bargain on it, and hope to make you guys proud with its re-launch, hopefully, coming soon.  There was just a good bit more to it than I expected.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

rmk57

We all appreciate all the work that goes into under taking this project along with your cars, kids, I don't know where you find the time.

Thanks again, Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Couldn't have said it better....or as well.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

James
    You are good at what you can do with a computer.  Since I am somewhat computer challenged,  I have no idea how you can do all of that work.   
     What you are doing is deeply appreciated.  It must be a labor of love.
Jay

Ford's Country Squire

John's website is my all time favorite and I too surprised to end up here when i went to 1957 Ford.com. many of my pictures of junk cars were displayed by john on his site, listed all my cars in the registry. My hats been off to him for years and look forward to once again, being able to view and donate pictures to the site once you get it going again....thanks, Steves57fords@optonline.net

KYBlueOval

Quote from: rmk57 on 2017-01-22 13:29
We all appreciate all the work that goes into under taking this project along with your cars, kids, I don't know where you find the time.

Thanks again, Randy

X2    A Big thank you!

clusterbuster

Thanks James for all your work that you put in to better this site. All the information is wonderful. Our son is the head of the computer department at our local community college, and I think you could even teach him a few tricks.

JPotter57

All of the content from the original site will be here as soon as I get all of the code together and working again.  As you all know, John's site was huge, and is taking more time than I thought to sort out.  Also, life is happening too, and as this is not my full time job, I work on it when i can.  As soon as I update the appearance and get everything working the way you remember it, I will launch it here and it will replace the other part of this site.  This forum will stay as is, where is.
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

Thanks for the kind words, CB, but really, I'm just old school web guy.  That's one of the reasons this is taking longer than expected, a LOT of web technology has come and gone since I went to school for it.  I'm basically learning the new stuff as i go, lol...
Old, loud, and fast.

SkylinerRon

Great stuff!  Wish I knew enough about computers to help you.

Thanks again,

Ron.

Frankenstein57

Thanks James, for making this happen, Mark