News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Thoughts for Zapato.....

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2017-02-14 06:04

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

I just read and posted on the general discussion board how unwell he was and now I come on this board and hear he has passed, very sorry to hear. He was a great guy, we conversed many times on here and I will miss that.
RIP Zap, I'll miss you.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

RICH MUISE

Rarely a day goes by that something doesn't remind me of Zap. He's one of the rare people you find out so much more about after they're gone. The many contacts and inputs he had here on this forum were a small portion of what Zap was all about. The thread that was going on over on the Hamb opened my eyes quite a bit as to Zap's involvement in the car community. The thing that stands out for me is it wasn't so much about the peoples' cars as it was the car people if that makes sense. So many have come forward and talked about things Zap had sent them. I'm in that group on more than one occasion.
For those of you who haven't read the Hamb thread, and I confess I haven't for a week or so, a few things of note. Zap had been helping a neighbor and fellow Hamb member to build a car for a few years. It was a family thing as well, as both the wive's were involved and was an almost daily event for them.
When he was released from the hospital, one of his friends took a leave of absence from work so he could help Zap's wife with the therapy and care Zap was going to need. That's a true friend. Funny, almost no one on the Hamb calls him Zap..it's mostly "Al" over there.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

RIP Zap.  Never met him but with a close knit place like this you don't have to have met someone in person to have known them.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

jumping jack flash

I've been away for a while.Finally have things back together after hurricane Harvey.Yep it took a lot of my time,and money. The return is saddened by the news of Zap passing away. I never got to meet him, but felt as if I had known him forever. It's a car guy thing I guess. Rest in peace, my friend .