News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Clocks

Started by Mavaholic, 2017-01-28 20:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Mavaholic

Looking for 57 clocks. Need 2 of them. Please give price and shipping to 32060.

Thanks

lalessi1

Lynn

Mavaholic

No. Does not have to work.

lalessi1

I have one (I think), I will try to put my hands on it today.
Lynn

djfordmanjack

if it's just for filling the dash hole, you can go looking for 58 clocks as well. they have a different chrome dash molding, but the housings are the same ( 58 has a white face vs black/silver insert on 57s) you can go looking for 58 and 59 Edsel clocks as well. same size and housing and they have an all black face.

geraldchainsaw

sometimes when i do something,  its as cheap as i can make it,  and so i'll tell you what i did with my old ford clock,  since it costs around $150 to have someone change or fix it,  what i did instead was to get a old ford clock,   gut it,  buy a quartz clock movement that uses a AA batterys, install in old clock,   solder 2 leads from the battery connection,  run them to the glove box to another battery  hook up,   the only draw back is,  change the battery lbefore it goes dead or u have to wAIT for the time to show up during the day and put in new batteries,  no  one knows and the first thing anyone says is when looking at the old cars is,    look the clock is running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, always looking for a way to make things cheaper,    just my 2 cents,    jerry             PS,  have to change the pictures this summer,  have 2 1/4 WW with spinners and dice in the window

lalessi1

Found the clock I have, it looks pretty good, but the setting knob doesn't work... If you still want it PM me.
Lynn

Mavaholic

PM sent. I do plan on converting it to quartz movement. As far as the battery, its fairly easy to build a miniature power supply to convert the 12v down to 1.5v or what ever the clock battery voltage is.

Ray

I have two spares, let me know, shipping only.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

Mavaholic

Raven Rider

I would like more info on quartz mod please pm me thanks