News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Side window removal 2 dr sdn

Started by terry_208, 2017-02-21 13:21

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

I'm still trying to get the body stripped for media blasting.  Is there something special that I need to do to remove the side window in the back?

I have the garnish molding removed, the interior panel removed, and regulator/the roll up mechanism, unbolted, except the rear swing point.  I cannot get the front vertical track to come off the roller.  IIRC the regulator and the tracks come out the bottom and the glass and lower attached channel comes out through the top or window opening. 

By asking all these questions I feel like :deadhorse: Thanks for the help.

Terry
Terry

lalessi1

Just did that to mine. They way I FINALLY got the stuff out is remove two clips on the rollers that hold the glass to the mechanism. Once these rollers are separated the glass comes easily out of the top. It may have been easier to leave the mechanism bolted in while pulling these little clips. I think this method applies to the front windows too. I will post a couple of pics later today. 
Lynn

terry_208

Thanks.  I knew there was a little trick to do it easily but just couldn't remember how.  I will try to p/u a small mirror today so I can get a look at the clips.  I've felt for them but couldn't feel them.

I'm just getting a good start on this project, about 80% disassembled, but already have a sense of accomplishment!

Terry
Terry

lalessi1

I lied (a little)! There is only one clip on the rear window.....
Lynn

terry_208

Thanks, Lynn.  I'll give it a look in a while.  My neighbor just called and asked me to take a look at the tank on their toilet as it is leaking.  The joys of being a good neighbor at which I try hard.
Terry

lalessi1

I just finished disassembling the driver side rear window, It went faster this time but it is still a PAIN. (I am converting to fixed side glass.) 
Lynn

terry_208

You must going to have AC.
Terry

lalessi1

In south Louisiana there are few options!... :003:
Lynn

Ecode70D

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2017-02-22 17:23
I just finished disassembling the driver side rear window, It went faster this time but it is still a PAIN. (I am converting to fixed side glass.)

Lynn
    With the fixed side glass, does that mean you are making a business coupe?

Terry
     Sorry to hijack your thread.

terry_208

Terry
     Sorry to hijack your thread.
[/quote]
IMO that's what these threads are for, discussions!
Terry

lalessi1

Not really, I am leaving the back seat in. I like simple and fixed rear windows can't be more simple! Less weight, less stuff to rattle, less likely to leak... in 5 years I have rolled the back windows down once! I am switching to tinted glass so now was the time for this change. 
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Exactly that for me too.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe