News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 y block oil pump

Started by chapingo17, 2017-02-21 14:51

Previous topic - Next topic

chapingo17

Question? I have a leak coming from my engine's oil pump. I will probably be using rtv (gray) instead of seals. New seals failed. Now, do I need to drain out all the oil or I can simply take out pump and reseal? Another thing is the anything special I should know about taking out the oil pump? Any suggestions would help. Thank you.

clusterbuster

When I removed mine a couple years ago, it shocked me when the pump drive shaft fell down and out. The shaft connects to the base of the distributor drive and runs the pump. Kinda scared me when it happened, but it went back up in place with no trouble. Have fun.

chapingo17

Ok I was looking at a couple of pics and it shows were the shaft is connected to the distributor and pump. Thank you

chapingo17

Success, I actually had to trace the oil gasket and made my own. Talked to the parts store I was going to take around 3 days to get the gasket. Used high tack gasket seal and gasket worked pretty good. I did notice on mine that have a leak on the oil pan will repair it next.