News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Grateful guy

Started by 57redwhitered, 2017-02-25 17:38

Previous topic - Next topic

57redwhitered

I had my prostate removed on Monday morning as I was suffering from stage 3 prostate cancer.  The surgery was performed with a Da Vinci surgical robot and I am amazed with the results.  I can honestly say I haven't experienced what I would consider pain, some discomfort but not pain.  I am so grateful to have access to modern medicine.  Keep current with the PSA test and the prostate exam. 
1957 Skyliner

Ford Blue blood

Yes the PSA is probably one of the most important test that us old buggers should have done at a minimum once a year next to the "silver stallion"!  I pray that your recovery will be speedy and complete!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Hmmm, robot with a scalpal....you're a heck of alot braver than I'd be!
Nowadays we hear of lots of cancer victims who have totally beaten it with our modern medical world......sincerely hope you join that group.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

geraldchainsaw

i don't normally tell about my medical problems,  but,  your very lucky,  my doc said he wouldn't take mine out,  dosen't think i can take the pain,  i don't agree with him,  but hes the pro,,    age has alot to do with it,  i'm going on 79,  i think u might have just made the age limit.

RICH MUISE

Get a second opinion, Jerry. It's your life.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57redwhitered

I agree with Rich.  The pain that I have experienced after surgery is very minimal.  I have heard that most prostate cancer is slow growing and that the patient will likely die of another ailment.  Jerry if I had your car I would want to live forever just to drive it.
1957 Skyliner