News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

custom 300 dimmer switch mounting

Started by jdcurtice, 2017-03-05 21:06

Previous topic - Next topic

jdcurtice

Hi,
Newby...I'm rewiring my custom 300 and I can't find a picture of the dimmer switch mounting.  I am guessing that I'm missing a bracket to attach the dimmer switch to.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jim

jdcurtice

djfordmanjack

Jim, are you going to buy the cover from ebay ?
If not - please let me know, as I could make good use of it on my Del Rio.
thx Guenter

gasman826

Look close...worm holes.  JEGJR has new repops.

djfordmanjack

wouldn't mind that Gary. The one in my Country Sedan looked the same and I was able to save it.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: gasman826 on 2017-03-07 08:27
Look close...worm holes.  JEGJR has new repops.

Gary,I'm not aware of JEGJR. Can you give me some contact information. Thanks
John

lalessi1

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2017-03-08 05:35
Gary,I'm not aware of JEGJR. Can you give me some contact information. Thanks
John

John, you can PM him, I sent you an email...
Lynn

clusterbuster

What Gasman is referring to is Jegs Auto parts. I looked it up after tying to figure out what the post was as well. The dimmer mount plate is $42.00 and change. (Jegs.com)

RICH MUISE

No Sir, Gary was refering to our member JEGJR
That's John E. Gambil JR......the guy who owned the 1957Ford website that James is combining with this forum.
Rich.
When did Jegs start selling '57 Ford stuff? Interesting.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

clusterbuster

Sorry for my confusion. It's good to know that Jegs has the mounting plate. I have seen several posts where the plate has been inquired about.

clusterbuster

Maybe I am totally wrong. I typed in 1957 Ford dimmer switch mount plate and that is what came up. It may well be just for Chevies. Sorry for the misleading information..

clusterbuster

Sherman Parts 727-40D
Dimmer Switch Mounting Plate 1955-57   This is what came up when I typed in 1957 Ford dimmer switch mounting plate.

djfordmanjack

that's the other not-worth-mentioning off brand. :003:

jdcurtice

Sorry, hadn't logged back in.  Turns out I have the part in my boxes!  I don't need one so if the eBAay part is still there, go for it.
Jim