News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Zapato

Started by RICH MUISE, 2017-03-11 16:21

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I know we had a thread going here about Zap's health issues....can't find it.
Al and his family have decided it's time. He has had enough with the pain and fighting trying to get better. They have decided to cease the cancer treatments and are moving him to a hospice so he can spend his final days in a little more comfort.
Search the Hamb for a lot more detail. Zap has an impressive list of personal Hamb friends.
This really saddens me.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

Never met him but conversed via pm, he collected licence plates and I sent him some British ones over for his collection.  Sad news, cancer has no friends, lost for words.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

4thgen57

Hate to hear this. Haven't been on here in awhile but he was full of knowledge and always willing to help. Prayers for everyone!

59meteor

Very sorry to hear this, although I have never met Zapato, we had PMed back and forth a few  times, as recently as last Dec. which is about when he lasted posted on this site. Since we live only a couple hundred miles apart, I had hoped to meet up with him at some car event in the near future, sad that won`t happen.  :icon_salut:
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

RICH MUISE

I just found the original thread on this......it's in the "off topic" section. Never thought to look there.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Very sorry to hear about this.  He and his family will be in my prayers.   

57AGIN

Very sad to hear about this.  Zapato our 57 Fords group of friends and enthusiasts will miss you.  Your contributions were always on point.  God bless and keep you on your journey along the endless Thunder Road.

Bob
57 AGIN

Hoosier Hurricane

So sad to hear.  I've never met him person to person, but have talked to him electronically.  Hope he goes peacefully.   John

Ford Blue blood

So sad to hear this.  God's speed to him and his family while fighting this evil unrelenting disease..
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

I just saw this, haven't been on much lately. Sorry to hear this, I wish him god speed. Lost one of my best friends over Christmas, just sucks.  Mark

JPotter57

I truly hate to hear that Zap's condition is not improving.  Our site has lost several great guys over the years, and it never gets any easier.   God bless you and your family, Zap, we'll see you later on.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

racton

:unitedstates: I feel bad reading this.I pictured him playing with his grandchildren.I think Zapato is a viet-nam vet...................racton

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: racton on 2017-03-13 20:02
:unitedstates: I feel bad reading this.I pictured him playing with his grandchildren.I think Zapato is a viet-nam vet...................racton

He is...have wonder about "agent orange" we all were exposed to to some degree?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lalessi1

I feel connected to all of the people on this site and I am almost embarassed to admit that. One does develop a sense of the individual behind every key stroke. Words have never served me at the loss of another, may God bless...
Lynn

jumping jack flash

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2017-03-14 20:54
I feel connected to all of the people on this site and I am almost embarassed to admit that. One does develop a sense of the individual behind every key stroke. Words have never served me at the loss of another, may God bless...
Well said , Lalessi. We are brothers of a different Mother. I have conversed with Zap only a few times, but there is a connection we all have. Is it the cars that bond us as a group of guys that admire the old 57 Ford, or is it some mystery that we share the same want of friends with a common subject , no matter what it is. Zap will certainly be missed by us all, and it isn't much consolation but, when I see friends passing like this....It makes me appreciate another day here on earth .So long friend.