News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

What happened?

Started by alvin stadel, 2017-03-15 21:52

Previous topic - Next topic

59meteor

Good analogy Limey, I will be 60 in a few months, and have been drag racing since 1974, and working on my cars a few years longer than that. I am astonished at how fast the pages of the calendar have been turning in recent years, in the past few years, I have had to use reading glasses, I have arthritis, my hearing is getting worse every year, yet in my mind, I still think (and often try) like I did decades ago, and get frustrated that physically, it ain`t as easy as it once was. I don`t have a hoist in my garage, and crawling underneath my car,and even worse, trying to get up again, is a lot harder than it used to be. Also have been going to a bunch more funerals than weddings in recent years. Funny, when I was 14 & 15, I was so anxious about my 16th birthday, so I could get my drivers license, it seem to take SOOOOOOO long for that magical birthday! Also, in the 70s and 80s, I had several cars that it seemed that I owned FOREVER, but was really only 3 or 4 years, my drag car I have owned for over 30 years, and only recently did I replace my old 74 F350, that I owned for 26 years. Whoever said the once you are "over the hill", you start picking up speed, sure had that right!
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

Ford Blue blood

A good friend gave me an analogy for life a few years ago.  It goes like this....run a tape measure out to the average life expectancy for males.  That would be in the 78 - 82 range.  Put your finger on the number on the tape that is your current age.....really puts mortality in perspective!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

geraldchainsaw

to ford blue blood,    thats why i thru all of my tape measures away,