News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Auto trans Indicator pointer.

Started by Contibob, 2017-03-24 19:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Contibob

Hello Guys, I have a friend in New Zealand that I gave an auto column to. It was missing the "Gear Indicator, needle/pointer". Any chance someone who has changed to a later model column or floor shift might possibly have one they would let go of? I saw an NOS one come up on evilbay a long time ago, but they don't seem to come up very often. Bob

Contibob

Just bringing this up again to see if someone might have this part. I know a lot of people like to keep things together, but maybe some has an old auto column they replaced with a modern one and don't care if they sell just the pointer.

59meteor

Do you know if a pointer from a 1959 2 speed FordOMatic is the same? I am converting my 59 from a 332 and 2 speed, to a 428CJ and 4 speed, so my old pointer would just be hidden behind a manual trans cover, replacing the PRNDL cover. It looks like the pointer is just attatched with a single screw to the shift tube, and I won`t be needing it anymore.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

Contibob

As far as I know it would be the same thing.

Contibob

Hi, I PM'd you about this. Are you interested in selling the needle ?

59meteor

He can have the shift pointer for free, if it will work for him. My concern is how to get it to him. I am in Western British Columbia Canada, near Vancouver. I am only 1/2 hour to the Blaine Washington border crossing, about 3 hours North of Seattle. Depending on your location, it may be better to send it to you, and you could find a way to get it to New Zealand.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

Contibob

That is very nice of you. Probably just send it to me and I will get it to him. I am in San Diego, CA. I will send you a private message with my address and I will reimburse you for the postage. Bob

Contibob

Hello, Wondering if you got my private message on here, If not let me know and I will try again