News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'57 commerical

Started by gasman826, 2017-03-26 09:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

I love those old commercials. Thanks for posting this!

59meteor

I also really enjoy these old car commercials. Years ago, I bought a VHS tape that had over an hour of nothing but Ford TV commercials for 57, 58, and 59 Fords. Some of the commercials featured TV stars like Tennessee Ernie Ford and Ward Bond.  I also always liked watching You Tube clips showing cars of the 50s & 60s being built on the assembly line. Great stuff.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

gasman826

I have (maybe) 5 or 6 of those tapes.  FORD GOES RACING.  FORD GOES TO LEMAN.  WIN ON SUNDAY, SELL ON MONDAY.  many commercials.  Who's got a VCR anymore?  I moved the VCR files to computer files.  Now they are on my smart TV and my backup drive.  If I still have the tapes, maybe I should send them to James.

Ford Blue blood

Have to admit I still have the VCR, a cassette player, a real - real, a turn table and a tube type amplifier/tuner (200W/channel) and free standing speakers.  I still have and use my Miranda Sensorex 35mm single reflex lens.  That bad boy is made of real metal and will wear your shoulder out carrying it around!

Yup, not in the pack rat area but my old stuff works well.  Do have a flat screen and satellite TV, land line, no cell, and of course the trusty ol computer.:<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Ha ha. I've been working on getting our storage shed cleaned out. I just can't bring myself to tossing all those boxes and boxes of cassette tapes,record albums, vcr's, etc. I've already tossed a few good vcr players though.I do have a quadraphonic 8 track deck I won't toss, and the record albums definetly won't get tossed.
I have boxes and boxes of photography equiptment and books. not sure if any of the books even apply anymore. I had a great large format camera at one time also, can't remember the name.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jeff Norwell

Rich.. those 8 track systems are going for big money now....crazy!

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

gasman826

My Kenwood 8 track player/recorder is hooked up and working.  Unfortunately the tapes are fragile and occasionally break.

I feel Rich's dilemma.  You just have to be ruthless and toss stuff.  My current threshold is 'if it doesn't belong to a car that I own that is on four wheels, pitch it'.  It really helps if you get help...donate to baseball or football team and furnish pizza.  It's like pulling a band aid.  If you do it by yourself, you'll get tired and want to save everything.

My next threshold is going to be 'can I get two more project cars in the new garage.  I already know I can barely get one.  '41 business coupe or '65 Galaxie?

The '57 discard pile keeps getting bigger.

SkylinerRon

Speaking of old time audio lots of artists require their albums also be released on vinyl.
Turntables are the audiophiles choice of media and some of those have $1000+ cartridge/needles.
Heavy tower speakers dampen resonance better than the smaller ones. Bose is one of the few
modern speakers to sound "right".
So don't throw that old stuff out just yet.

Ron.

djfordmanjack

IMHO those old turntables, tube amplifiers, vinyl records, tape players and analog cameras they are the greatest. many of them will still be around with collectors in decades from now when the 20th generation of the new newer newest latest I phone gets thrown away after one season. I have a 1965 ZEISS Ikon Contaflex 35mm camera and it's marvellous. the CLICK alone is worth keeping it. :003: