News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Misc. Items Available For Free - Cost Of Shipping Only

Started by Hot Rod Custom, 2017-04-01 22:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Custom

Hi Guys,
  I sold my beloved Custom Tudor sedan and have a lot of cool stuff that I'll no longer have any use for. I'd like to see the forum members that need or want these items to get them. I've tried selling various things over the years via eBay and this forum, with very little success. I just moved to Phoenix, and moved all of this stuff again for the second time. I just don't need it and now I'm living in a smaller place, so I don't really have room to store any of it, either.
  I got a lot of enjoyment over the past few years from this forum and sincerely want these items to go to people that really have a need for them. Please, don't respond that you'll take everything, because I'll only assume that whoever does that intends to profit from getting everything for free. I'll ship everything USPS on the honor system knowing that once you receive your item(s), you can send me the funds for the postage shown on the package. A check, money order or PayPal will be fine. I can ship worldwide, but the shipping costs will have to be pre-paid.

2 - Vintage pre-1963 (no ZIP) original Texaco road maps - L.A. area and Southern California - very nice
Many various original magazines containing 1957 Ford road test, comparisons, and other interesting topics. All are in nice condition. CR 04-57 / MG 02-57 / ML 09-56 / MT 11-56 / MT 01-57 / PM - 11-56 / PM 01-57 / PM 02-57 / PM 03-57 / PS 10-56 / True's Auto Yearbook's review of all 1957 automotive offerings - all are very nice
Magazine names coded above are: Consumer Reports (CR) Motor Guide (MG) Motor Life (ML) Motor Trend (MT) Popular Mechanics (PM) Popular Science (PS) 
1 - FoMoCo "Starmist Blue" (code 'F') touch-up paint canister - appears to be dried up but it shows nicely
1 - Rotunda Custom Silicone Gloss can (R111-A) - empty but in beautiful condition 
  I also have most showroom brochures on the various models (except Ranchero) in excellent condition. Have various printings as well. Contact me with your specific needs and I can let you know if I have it.
Thanks.  Tom Schlitter Phoenix, AZ tomlovescoolcars@gmail.com ("1957 Parts" in subject line) Indicate what item(s) you'd like and an address to send the order to. I'll ship the orders the most economical way possible.
  No doubt I'll be flooded with inquiries. I'll treat each one on a first-come, first served basis. I know I'll have people that won't be happy they didn't get what they wanted, but I can't think of an equitable way for this to work for everyone. I just don't want to do the eBay thing; too much work and too many fees. At that point, I may as well give the stuff away, because that's how it usually ends up. At least a true '57 Ford enthusiast will get something they want and/or need.
  Just remember that in the spirit of generosity, please pay forward something you may have that another guy needs to finish his car, especially if it's a small thing that you've had laying around for awhile. Let's help each other out! I see only good coming from this act that I've initiated here.
Tom

Hot Rod Custom

Got your PM. I've gotten several other requests as well. Thanks for all the interest. I've taken off items that have been spoken for. As mentioned, I have many different dealer catalogs. I haven't had time to pull them all out until now to list them here. Here's a quick summary of what I've got...
Full-line catalog - featuring profile of a brown/yellow "500" four door hardtop 08-56 and 10/56 both US
                          featuring a green/white Sunliner 04-57
Station Wagons - featuring red dash panel and yellow/white Country Sedan in background 08-56 US
                        - featuring hand-drawn Country Squire - no date found
'57 Ford Accessories - blue and white - this is a re-print
1962 Fairlane promo piece for owners of '57 models. Mailed to advertise the five year cycle when owners usually traded in. Die cut in the shape of a Fairlane 500 two door sedan in yellow/white.
Tom

lalessi1

Lynn

djfordmanjack

Thanx for the great brochures, Tom !
Guenter