News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Picked up a new Ford book.

Started by 59meteor, 2017-04-02 14:04

Previous topic - Next topic

59meteor

Yesterday I bought a new book at my local car nut shop (Wilkinsons Automobilia in Vancouver BC Canada), it is called "Ford Midsize Muscle Fairlane, Torino and Ranchero 1955-1979". It has a number of photos of 57 and 58 Fords, including several of "57 Agin" 's Custom 300 and a very nice Willow green Custom 2 door, as well as several others. It does have some fairly major errors (Air suspension continued and improved for 1959, Boss 429 Torino Cobras in 1970 etc), as well as several other mistakes, but overall, a pretty nice book.
By the way, if anybody here is looking, Wilkinsons also has a very nice copy of R. Perry Zavitz's excellent "Monarch Meteor" for sale. This is an excellent  book covering the unique Canadian Fords sold from 1949 thru 1961,( Monarchs & the first Meteor models), and the 1965 thru 1976 Meteors, as well as Mercury trucks, and Econolines, Meteor Rancheros, the 1960 only Frontenac, as well as Bobcat (Mercury Pinto). This great book had only one printing in 1993, and they have proven quite difficult to find.  However, if a re copy is OK, Old Autos in Ontario does offer a reprint of Monarch Meteor, for less then what decent originals go for.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

57AGIN

59Meteor:

Interesting, I had now idea my car would actually make it into a hardcover publication.  The photo of 57 AGIN was taken by photographer Jim Smart, when he did a photo shoot of my car for a monthly publication I subscribed to, Modified Mustang & Fords .  Unfortunately, the magazine was discontinued before an article was published.  Oh well, it almost happened. The car has since been in a major freeway accident and has been mildly customized during the rehabilitation process.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Think I might go down to Barnes & Noble and get a copy.

Bob
57 AGIN