News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Del Rio Ranch Wagon SEMA Show 2017 Build

Started by arpbob, 2017-04-08 15:16

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

Bob, I am 45 minutes from Bruck ( 35 miles really) and a good longtime friend of mine I incidentally met today, was working for Pankl before. Had no idea that you were also providing fasteners for their race engines. most probably F1? They do crazy stuff! Have been visiting their works.
I am addicted to 57 Ford wagons. I like them rather original, still your build is fantastic to watch. so many Ford correct details and well thought out. The workmanship is incredible. Please keep us updated with your efforts!

Guenter

arpbob

Guenter,

Yes we supply most race teams and manufacturers in all forms of racing, including F1. Very interesting work. Maybe some day soon I will be fortunate enough to go back to visit Pankl and we may meet up for a Bier.

Bob

djfordmanjack

When you are visiting Pankl, be sure to pm me. Would be really nice to meet if your schedule allows. The town I am living in is 1000 years old and most of inner city is 200 to 500 year old houses. You are welcome to check out my 57s of course and we'll find a Goesser Bier somewhere... :002:

KYBlueOval

Quote from: arpbob on 2017-04-09 17:57
John,

Here is a shot of the hood scoop from the 59 Bird simply clamped to the top of the hood. It is back of hood to back of hood as far as your placement question, hope this helps.

Bob

Bob,........yes the photo helps a lot.What's that old adage ........ A picture is worth a thousand words. Certainly applies here.
Thank you
John

Ford Blue blood

Outstanding changes!  Love them all.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Really looking forward to this thread. Thanks for taking the time to post. I think I can speak for everybody when I say we're really glad you joined our club!!
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

billd5string

Wow - very cool build! I particularly love the door modifications - really nicely done!
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

Mavaholic

So cool!!! I wish I had a fraction of that talent.

Ecode70D

Bob
    You are a metal master.   I like your work.
Jay

robhaerr

I'm a tad late to this thread...WELCOME!

I saw your car at the Pomona Fairplex...looking forward to paint and engine. Nice to see Steve Stanford rendering! Should be a killer wagon.

Was your car at SoCal Speed Shop? Seems my friend might have seen the car and rendering during their open house.

What drivetrain will be inserted?

Love the color selection!

Mine has 2 more doors...Country Sedan...

57chero

The 57 Ford wagon is one of the few cars that looks just as cool with 4drs as it does with 2.

robhaerr

I found an article in Hot Rod about this build...cool stuff!

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1957-ford-wagon-arp-bare-metal/

Serious build...can't wait to see it finished! (and I thought putting front and rear sway bars on mine made it handle like a slot car!). Nice motor choice!

Hope Hot Rod does a follow-up when complete. It'll do great things for 57 Fords!

Rob

57AGIN

Bob:

Your 57 was one of the cars at the Grand National Roadster Show that my friends and I had to spend a lot of time looking at and trying to figure out all the neat subtle changes you made to the car.  Looking forward to seeing the finished product the preliminaries are absolutely fabulous. Love to see that car out at Knott's when it is done.

Bob
57 AGIN

robhaerr

Looking forward to seeing this car run and drive! Beautiful.

Here is builder Steve Stroppe with a great walk-around showing the mods at SEMA...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=054w34cLjJk

Love it!

Rob

57chero

Love the car but you would think they could come up with a better rendition of a 57 hubcap for the wheels, I've seen it done on the early sixties corvettes restomods where they make a billet wheel that mimics the original hubcap. If they took the same size wheels and made them look like a deep version of the full size 57 hubcap that would be cool.