News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Heat shields 57 TBird

Started by valhalla4771, 2017-04-18 08:03

Previous topic - Next topic

valhalla4771

My project is finally back from the body/paint shop, and I'm S-L-O-W-L-Y putting everything back together.  I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. First...I didn't spend much time on the road before it went to the body shop, but I understand the heat coming through the floor boards is a problem.  I intend to put something down under the carpet.
Any suggestions on best product would be appreciated.
And are the heat shields installed between the mufflers and floor boards worth the investment? 
Thanks in advance

RICH MUISE

Welcome to the forum.
'57 TBird? Except for general questions like you just asked, I'm not sure how much help you'll find here as the TBirds were drastically different almost everywhere.

aside from undercoating before painting my undercarriage, inside I added a Dynamat (probably the best brand but expensive) type insulation followed by a 3/8 thick jute pad (also aluminum faced).
I have 3" dual exhaust and no heat issues. For the Dynamat substitute many of us used a construction roofing underlayment (Snow and Ice Shield). Same rubber type self adhesive with an aluminum foil.
Tip: a heat gun makes this roofing stuff really sticky if you have any adhesion problems.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe