News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

forum issues....

Started by JPotter57, 2017-04-26 20:20

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Hey guys, sorry for the issues.  Seems a file got corrupted.  Its all fixed now, the rest of the site is about to launch in a couple days.  I will have to add photos to galleries as I go along.  I have been cranking on this thing in the evenings until midnite or so.  You will be surprised, and I hope you like it.  I have taken most of the static pages from the old site and freshened them up.  The pages with all the photos.  I am doing the models section a little different than before, and the racing section will be more like the models than a series of static pages.  I am excited to be able to get the site modernized a little, while still retaining John's original vision for it.  I hope everyone likes it when it launches.  Just dont be disappointed that all of the images arent there yet.  Believe me, there are a LOT of them, thousands of them.  It takes a while to get them all up.  Once launched, it will be an ongoing project to get all the photos sorted and up.  Please be patient, they WILL get loaded.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Wirenut

Thanks for the update. I was having withdrawal symptoms. I started to surf the HAMB by my friend said I should talk flatheads and I would be ok. Glad you were able to get he site back up.
God speed!

Contibob

Glad to see it back up, I was going through withdrawals not be able to connect.

57tudor

Hi Guys,

For a while I thought my laptop didn't like me anymore! I feel much better now. The guys on the Ford FE Forum also mentioned that they couldn't get on also. Great work James, Can't wait the see the new site when its up and running. For all you local guys here in California, the Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show this coming Sunday. I will be working the merchandise booth again this year and have some new items for sale.

Rick,
57 Tudor
:unitedstates:

mustang6984

I thought I had a busted computer! Started talking to myself in some weird language...and when beating my head against a wall didn't work...I was afraid what little mind I once possessed was toasted for sure!
Whew...tried the site again before heading to bed just now...and VOILA! It's back! The world is spinning correctly again!

Thanks!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ecode70D

James
     I too thought that it was my computer until Guenter in Austria told me that his was doing the same thing.  You are doing a great job.  Thank you Jay.

djfordmanjack

glad to see the site back up again. looking forward to all the new stuff !

Mavaholic

Even though I don't post much, lurking is an everyday occurrence for me. Love this sight. Glad its back. Love looking over all the great builds going on and completed projects, well, as completed as they ever are.

gasman826

without the forum, my nervous tick was returning!!!!!!!!

billd5string

Ahhhhh life is good again!  I was worried my support group had disappeared. I sometimes look at a couple other forums, but this is by far my favorite.

and the "nervous tick returning" -- I love that! That's too funny!
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

RICH MUISE

Yahoooooooooooo! Thanks James. Do you have any idea how long it took me to figure out how to log on to facebook so I could send you a message in case you didn't know? lol
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

i was going into withdrawals........feel better now :003:

JPotter57

I may launch what I have tomorrow.  Apparently, the motel internet connection has taken a dump.  I am using my cellphone for internet right now.  At first I thought the site was down again, but it loaded on my phone.  I beliieve the housekeepers here dumped the icebucket into the router which is behind the tv stand..everything was moved when I came in from work today.  The site isnt finished, but all the links are there and work, plus there are some of the portions are up.  I wanted more of it to be up, but I am running out of time and with the now flaky internet here, I dont know how much I will be able to get done by tomorrow at bedtime.  I fly home on Saturday morning.  At any rate, I will be uploading more content as I can get it ready.  Hope you guys like it.  I will decide tomorrow afternoon when I will turn it on.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Limey57

I discovered I actually have a wife & daughter! Seriously, good to see everything back to normal.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

mustang6984

ROTFLMAO! I got my fence finished! WOW! looks pretty good..considering I started it right before winter hit, and stopped all forward progress!  :002:

Quote from: Limey57 on 2017-04-29 13:02
I discovered I actually have a wife & daughter! Seriously, good to see everything back to normal.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker